Portman is prima in Black Swan
As Nina, Portman gives her most dynamic performance to date. In addition to the thespian fireworks required while playing a goin'-batshit character, she also nails the role's considerable athletic demands. (No need to play spot-the-dance-double, a game most thrillingly deployed during 1983's Flashdance.) Portman's intelligence and intense beauty can make it hard for her to seem like a real person onscreen, but as Black Swan's dread-filled bird, it all fits. It's a career-elevating turn (and I suppose she's finally off the hook for participating in those Star Wars prequels). Nina strives for perfection; Portman owns it.
BLACK SWAN opens Fri/3 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- oEWlFRRxKQEBaX - March 11, 2014
- The GOP Rating is Almost Negative - March 10, 2014
- Charlotte Shultz's slush fund - March 10, 2014
- Good Reporting Guardian - March 10, 2014
- Did it ever occur to you that - March 10, 2014
- Did it occur to you that she - March 10, 2014
- Is there a more bourgeois cause than white people's - March 10, 2014
- Was this article written by a - March 10, 2014
- The British did not vote for - March 10, 2014
- Separation of non-orthogonal concerns in software architecture - March 10, 2014