Portman is prima in Black Swan
As Nina, Portman gives her most dynamic performance to date. In addition to the thespian fireworks required while playing a goin'-batshit character, she also nails the role's considerable athletic demands. (No need to play spot-the-dance-double, a game most thrillingly deployed during 1983's Flashdance.) Portman's intelligence and intense beauty can make it hard for her to seem like a real person onscreen, but as Black Swan's dread-filled bird, it all fits. It's a career-elevating turn (and I suppose she's finally off the hook for participating in those Star Wars prequels). Nina strives for perfection; Portman owns it.
BLACK SWAN opens Fri/3 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- I saw a hand-painted sign for her on a rural road in Marin - April 24, 2014
- Why lilli - April 24, 2014
- He tried to take a selfie with the speaker - April 24, 2014
- Loss of a lucid child is hard to recover from. - April 24, 2014
- Cindy is the strongest advocate for 100% solar power. - April 24, 2014
- Thank you drsacura from - April 24, 2014
- Dreamtime - April 24, 2014
- The SFBG School of Journalism School - April 24, 2014
- Lodging - April 24, 2014
- Cindy is like the energizer - April 24, 2014