Portman is prima in Black Swan
As Nina, Portman gives her most dynamic performance to date. In addition to the thespian fireworks required while playing a goin'-batshit character, she also nails the role's considerable athletic demands. (No need to play spot-the-dance-double, a game most thrillingly deployed during 1983's Flashdance.) Portman's intelligence and intense beauty can make it hard for her to seem like a real person onscreen, but as Black Swan's dread-filled bird, it all fits. It's a career-elevating turn (and I suppose she's finally off the hook for participating in those Star Wars prequels). Nina strives for perfection; Portman owns it.
BLACK SWAN opens Fri/3 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- NXnIkASWEdbXKX - April 20, 2014
- DEdvViLvRCaDldDNNCll - April 20, 2014
- EjkBgTgZDFEPU - April 20, 2014
- eLuuLuuYbQoHhFTe - April 20, 2014
- sNcIeFFgwytVM - April 20, 2014
- OoeJblVvLCQGbGM - April 20, 2014
- xDVkbforskWEN - April 20, 2014
- idrmEbxoIArC - April 20, 2014
- a spell caster who brought my ex husband back to me - April 20, 2014
- KFwjlShNJouspIjtBQVW - April 20, 2014