Some hot and heavy New Year's Eve party picks -- no diapers required.
Showering go-go boys! Muscular bartenders serving it up stiff! Yep, you're at the Powerhouse, spraying your man-champagne into 2011, with DJ DAMnation and a $100 wet towel contest. (free towel check!)
10 p.m., $10. Powerhouse, 1347 Folsom, SF. www.powerhouse-sf.com
Shrug off the pressure of having to skate off to a hundred other parties and roll to some new wave and disco jams sprinkled with a little Burning Man fairy dust. The Black Rock Roller Disco crew hosts.
8 p.m., $10. CellSpace, 2050 Bryant, SF. www.cellspace.org
SOME THING NEW
Some Thing, the weekly Friday night theatrical drag extravaganza (always full of hot altqueers), comes up with something special — drag goddess Juanita More takes the turntables with Sidekick and Stanley Frank to turn you out.
10 p.m., $10. The Stud, 399 Ninth St., SF. www.studsf.com
SUNSET AND HONEY
Two of the city's smartest house and techno collectives, Honey Soundsystem and Sunset, join forces at the awesome new Public Works, with special guests Kim Ann Foxman of Hercules and Love Affair and Tim Sweeney of Beats in Space.
9 p.m.–5 a.m., $30. Public Works, 161 Erie, SF. www.publicsf.com
Good lord — Heklina and her cray-cray drag queens are teaming up with circus-themed party Big Top to wrestle 2010 out the door. Look out, shoulder pads! Tons of performances, Ejector live, and DJ Omar.
9 p.m.–3 a.m., $20. DNA Lounge, 375 11th St., SF. www.dnalounge.com
Peep our complete list of NYE picks at www.sfbg.com/NYE2011
Most Commented On
- Exactly. These people think - May 22, 2013
- Oh, the humanity! - May 22, 2013
- I mourn the loss of your innocence. - May 22, 2013
- Big Talker, do you EVER take - May 22, 2013
- Bad Jaywalking does. - May 22, 2013
- "Colen and other panelists - May 22, 2013
- There's an article that addresses this issue in... - May 22, 2013
- Your repulsive. - May 22, 2013
- Lil Reese - May 22, 2013
- What is "staggering expense" if City doesn't repair potholes? - May 22, 2013