Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting's P.U.-litzer Awards for worst journalism gaffes
AM-I-READING-THE-ONION HEADLINE WRITING AWARD: THE WASHINGTON POST
For its April 26 story, "Amid Outrage Over Civilian Deaths in Pakistan, CIA Turns to Smaller Missiles."
ASK THE BOSSES AWARD: FAREED ZAKARIA (CNN)
Given the dismal state of the U.S. economy, the idea that Fareed Zakaria would present an Oct. 30 primetime CNN special called Restoring the American Dream made perfect sense. But then Zakaria got around to explaining his guestlist: "Many complain we don't hear enough from businessmen." And that presumably was Zakaria's rationale for a discussion of what's best for U.S. workers — restricted to four CEOs.
Peter Hart is FAIR's activism director and cohost of the radio show CounterSpin.
Most Commented On
- Remember what started this - July 27, 2014
- Go back to your mother's basement, troll - July 27, 2014
- San Francisco needs more buses, less cars - July 27, 2014
- Left out - July 27, 2014
- JbqSETCBdCoSL - July 27, 2014
- Where I was on the day President Kennedy was shot - July 27, 2014
- And joysticks for all - July 27, 2014
- Marcos' Judaism is relevant only when it comes to - July 27, 2014
- hqQqnukbsN - July 27, 2014
- mvajoCbAui - July 27, 2014