Newsom's decision to appoint Gascón D.A. startles law enforcement insiders
Adachi worries that little is known about Gascón's legal abilities. "He does not have a track record in terms of felony and homicide experience," he said. "That's not to say he wouldn't run the office well, but it leaves us without an important knowledge base. He does bring many years of experience as a police officer, but the responsibilities are very different."
Adachi observes that while police bring cases to the D.A. based on probable cause, the D.A. reviews those cases and only brings cases that are deemed justified. "But will Gascón file more cases for the sake of wanting to justify arrests by the police?" Adachi mused.
Most Commented On
- Oh yes - that paragon of virtue, ambulance chaser Chris Dolan... - March 7, 2014
- eKwimShrzRLu - March 7, 2014
- You're kidding right? Brown - March 7, 2014
- fyi, marcos, AAA has a dismal record on motorists' rights - March 7, 2014
- Christopher Dolan AGAIN? - March 7, 2014
- So criticizing someone who - March 7, 2014
- Funny, I felt the same way about Jerry Brown - March 7, 2014
- So in other words you feel - March 7, 2014
- That is the Gods truth, but - March 7, 2014
- That's one of the lamest responses I've seen here - March 7, 2014