Newsom's decision to appoint Gascón D.A. startles law enforcement insiders
Adachi worries that little is known about Gascón's legal abilities. "He does not have a track record in terms of felony and homicide experience," he said. "That's not to say he wouldn't run the office well, but it leaves us without an important knowledge base. He does bring many years of experience as a police officer, but the responsibilities are very different."
Adachi observes that while police bring cases to the D.A. based on probable cause, the D.A. reviews those cases and only brings cases that are deemed justified. "But will Gascón file more cases for the sake of wanting to justify arrests by the police?" Adachi mused.
Most Commented On
- dLPIYThjtnPpOeKnhp - August 1, 2014
- No, refuting and debunking you is not acknowledging your - August 1, 2014
- For a paper that - August 1, 2014
- You keep making it about me - August 1, 2014
- Police radio dispatch from Alejandro Nieto shooting raises new - August 1, 2014
- Idora, so your stated preference is for censorship and the - August 1, 2014
- Wrong. Chrome, me and this guy are all different guys - August 1, 2014
- I see no retaliation here, even though the mayor is entitled to - August 1, 2014
- Stupid people annoy me. - August 1, 2014
- IjqQxWZakmdM - August 1, 2014