Newsom's decision to appoint Gascón D.A. startles law enforcement insiders
Adachi worries that little is known about Gascón's legal abilities. "He does not have a track record in terms of felony and homicide experience," he said. "That's not to say he wouldn't run the office well, but it leaves us without an important knowledge base. He does bring many years of experience as a police officer, but the responsibilities are very different."
Adachi observes that while police bring cases to the D.A. based on probable cause, the D.A. reviews those cases and only brings cases that are deemed justified. "But will Gascón file more cases for the sake of wanting to justify arrests by the police?" Adachi mused.
Most Commented On
- Tech businesses probably have a higher proportion of - December 12, 2013
- You pay now! - December 12, 2013
- homeless scum - December 12, 2013
- Wrong, Marcos, when white male tech workers like you buy up - December 12, 2013
- You speak of gay men like you - December 12, 2013
- Since when are CEOs and - December 12, 2013
- As they see fit - December 12, 2013
- what exactly do you mean by - December 12, 2013
- There are probably more - December 12, 2013
- What is offensive is the suggestion - December 12, 2013