Newsom's decision to appoint Gascón D.A. startles law enforcement insiders
Adachi worries that little is known about Gascón's legal abilities. "He does not have a track record in terms of felony and homicide experience," he said. "That's not to say he wouldn't run the office well, but it leaves us without an important knowledge base. He does bring many years of experience as a police officer, but the responsibilities are very different."
Adachi observes that while police bring cases to the D.A. based on probable cause, the D.A. reviews those cases and only brings cases that are deemed justified. "But will Gascón file more cases for the sake of wanting to justify arrests by the police?" Adachi mused.
Most Commented On
- Why would you feeble and - March 8, 2014
- Who says I'm not considering it? - March 8, 2014
- Aaron - March 8, 2014
- Have you been to 6th Street? - March 8, 2014
- Greg is what I call a checklist liberal. - March 8, 2014
- Greg says he doesnt do - March 8, 2014
- Sounds like a racist viewpoint to me - March 8, 2014
- One more detail. I stayed - March 8, 2014
- marcos, you have responded to his every post - March 8, 2014
- But it was my original post - March 8, 2014