City Hall gets a new mayor and D.A., an empowered board president — and a new political reality
"This is a decision beyond who were are as progressives and who we are as moderates. It's about who we are as San Franciscans," Chiu said. "This is a historic moment for the Chinese-American community," calling it "a community that has struggled, a community that has seen discrimination."
The next day, shortly after being elected to a second term as board president, Chiu acknowledged the "very real differences" in ideology among the supervisors, "but leadership is about working through those differences." Ultimately, he said, "none of us were voted into office to take positions. We were voted into office to get things done."
Most Commented On
- Why is it even a comparison: - April 16, 2014
- Exactly, SFBG, SEIU, the non-profits and the other leftist - April 16, 2014
- Greg has a number of handles and sock puppets that he uses - April 16, 2014
- That is the implied premise here - April 16, 2014
- Evidence? - April 16, 2014
- Ah, so you are suggesting a flat tax where all pay the same? - April 16, 2014
- The SFMTA Board is listening to the public - April 16, 2014
- Mayor Lee and the supervisors - April 16, 2014
- IF YOU TRULY WANT YOUR LOVER BACK CALL DR.ZABAZA ON +23481826203 - April 16, 2014
- Alternate universe - April 16, 2014