City Hall gets a new mayor and D.A., an empowered board president — and a new political reality
"This is a decision beyond who were are as progressives and who we are as moderates. It's about who we are as San Franciscans," Chiu said. "This is a historic moment for the Chinese-American community," calling it "a community that has struggled, a community that has seen discrimination."
The next day, shortly after being elected to a second term as board president, Chiu acknowledged the "very real differences" in ideology among the supervisors, "but leadership is about working through those differences." Ultimately, he said, "none of us were voted into office to take positions. We were voted into office to get things done."
Most Commented On
- HELPFUL MAN!!! - March 7, 2014
- A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. - March 7, 2014
- GREAT THANKS TO DR OJUKWU - March 7, 2014
- Pawan eyeing 9 MP, 40 MLA seats! - March 7, 2014
- "Censorship" - March 7, 2014
- sound like you the one - March 7, 2014
- Mayor Shake we love you we - March 7, 2014
- Mayor Shake - March 7, 2014
- don't judge a book by the - March 7, 2014
- No. Expedia and the others don't pay TOT taxes. Here's proof. - March 6, 2014