Toward a new theory of grindcore, and even metal
This year's installment is a two-day affair, featuring an impressive collection of scene favorites (including several alumni of the legendary Slap A Ham Records) mostly spanning the West Coast, with one extremely notable exception being New York City's legendary Brutal Truth. Undeniably one of the genre's greats, Brutal Truth affects the kind of balance between righteous, politically-conscious anger and the unbalanced energy of the maelstrom of noise and blastbeats and buzzsaw-on-sheet-metal riffs that characterizes its medium. Come watch bodies collide in the space of one of the Bay Area's most culturally significant venues at what promises to be one of the most thrillingly merciless shows of the year. BLAST! *
SHORT, FAST, AND LOUD
Brutal Truth, Lack of Interest, Plutocracy, Voëtsek, Iron Lung, D.H.C.
Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in Dilapidation, Capitalist Casualties, Bastard Noise, Despise You, P.L.F.
7 p.m. both nights, $12 each
924 Gilman, Berk.
Most Commented On
- A bit of history on the conflict - July 25, 2014
- Anti-peace protesters in Israel - July 25, 2014
- No, the Israelis were dancing in the streets of New York - July 25, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 25, 2014
- Tip some back at the Barworkers Ball - July 25, 2014
- Bravo, well said! Those who - July 25, 2014
- oLcjyiIggZWZe - July 25, 2014
- Pro-gopher - July 25, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - July 25, 2014
- Emma Silvers - July 25, 2014