Toward a new theory of grindcore, and even metal
This year's installment is a two-day affair, featuring an impressive collection of scene favorites (including several alumni of the legendary Slap A Ham Records) mostly spanning the West Coast, with one extremely notable exception being New York City's legendary Brutal Truth. Undeniably one of the genre's greats, Brutal Truth affects the kind of balance between righteous, politically-conscious anger and the unbalanced energy of the maelstrom of noise and blastbeats and buzzsaw-on-sheet-metal riffs that characterizes its medium. Come watch bodies collide in the space of one of the Bay Area's most culturally significant venues at what promises to be one of the most thrillingly merciless shows of the year. BLAST! *
SHORT, FAST, AND LOUD
Brutal Truth, Lack of Interest, Plutocracy, Voëtsek, Iron Lung, D.H.C.
Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in Dilapidation, Capitalist Casualties, Bastard Noise, Despise You, P.L.F.
7 p.m. both nights, $12 each
924 Gilman, Berk.
Most Commented On
- Its "Social Justice" - March 16, 2014
- People who are socialy liberal - March 16, 2014
- Then what is the SFBG bitching about? - March 16, 2014
- Troll Distraction Topic, as - March 16, 2014
- I have to keep you updated - March 16, 2014
- the point being - March 16, 2014
- Alongside Mar, Avalos, and - March 16, 2014
- Scott Weiner - March 16, 2014
- LOLz - OMG - March 16, 2014
- But progressives LOVE - March 16, 2014