Toward a new theory of grindcore, and even metal
This year's installment is a two-day affair, featuring an impressive collection of scene favorites (including several alumni of the legendary Slap A Ham Records) mostly spanning the West Coast, with one extremely notable exception being New York City's legendary Brutal Truth. Undeniably one of the genre's greats, Brutal Truth affects the kind of balance between righteous, politically-conscious anger and the unbalanced energy of the maelstrom of noise and blastbeats and buzzsaw-on-sheet-metal riffs that characterizes its medium. Come watch bodies collide in the space of one of the Bay Area's most culturally significant venues at what promises to be one of the most thrillingly merciless shows of the year. BLAST! *
SHORT, FAST, AND LOUD
Brutal Truth, Lack of Interest, Plutocracy, Voëtsek, Iron Lung, D.H.C.
Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in Dilapidation, Capitalist Casualties, Bastard Noise, Despise You, P.L.F.
7 p.m. both nights, $12 each
924 Gilman, Berk.
Most Commented On
- There She Goes Again" to - December 12, 2013
- Drive jacket - December 12, 2013
- Study Medicine (MBBS/ MD/ MS) in India/ Overseas - December 12, 2013
- Why isn't the Department of - December 11, 2013
- "I'm getting tired of trying - December 11, 2013
- Oh there you go again off the - December 11, 2013
- "The internet allows every - December 11, 2013
- Think he means the evergreen - December 11, 2013
- What is "Penthouse Letters?" - December 11, 2013
- Ludicrous! Many "living - December 11, 2013