Toward a new theory of grindcore, and even metal
This year's installment is a two-day affair, featuring an impressive collection of scene favorites (including several alumni of the legendary Slap A Ham Records) mostly spanning the West Coast, with one extremely notable exception being New York City's legendary Brutal Truth. Undeniably one of the genre's greats, Brutal Truth affects the kind of balance between righteous, politically-conscious anger and the unbalanced energy of the maelstrom of noise and blastbeats and buzzsaw-on-sheet-metal riffs that characterizes its medium. Come watch bodies collide in the space of one of the Bay Area's most culturally significant venues at what promises to be one of the most thrillingly merciless shows of the year. BLAST! *
SHORT, FAST, AND LOUD
Brutal Truth, Lack of Interest, Plutocracy, Voëtsek, Iron Lung, D.H.C.
Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in Dilapidation, Capitalist Casualties, Bastard Noise, Despise You, P.L.F.
7 p.m. both nights, $12 each
924 Gilman, Berk.
Most Commented On
- I understand perfectly that you cannot restrict who - May 23, 2013
- "Peter", some of us have done very well because of the - May 23, 2013
- There was an old fart, - May 23, 2013
- Lilli, learn how to add links or people here will just think - May 23, 2013
- Agree 100%. This alleged concern for renters is little more than - May 23, 2013
- By that argument, Greg, we should abolish all welfare. - May 23, 2013
- "Subsidies for the elite2 is highly misleading. - May 23, 2013
- Case Law, Not constitutional theory - May 23, 2013
- The SFBG's Comment Trolls Live In Egypt - May 23, 2013
- Greg, I generally agree with your viewpoints. - May 23, 2013