Toward a new theory of grindcore, and even metal
This year's installment is a two-day affair, featuring an impressive collection of scene favorites (including several alumni of the legendary Slap A Ham Records) mostly spanning the West Coast, with one extremely notable exception being New York City's legendary Brutal Truth. Undeniably one of the genre's greats, Brutal Truth affects the kind of balance between righteous, politically-conscious anger and the unbalanced energy of the maelstrom of noise and blastbeats and buzzsaw-on-sheet-metal riffs that characterizes its medium. Come watch bodies collide in the space of one of the Bay Area's most culturally significant venues at what promises to be one of the most thrillingly merciless shows of the year. BLAST! *
SHORT, FAST, AND LOUD
Brutal Truth, Lack of Interest, Plutocracy, Voëtsek, Iron Lung, D.H.C.
Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in Dilapidation, Capitalist Casualties, Bastard Noise, Despise You, P.L.F.
7 p.m. both nights, $12 each
924 Gilman, Berk.
Most Commented On
- You missed the point - April 23, 2014
- I see it as a benefit - April 23, 2014
- That's a different issue - April 23, 2014
- Great spell caster that bring back my ex lover - April 23, 2014
- hhhmmmm - April 23, 2014
- how i got hiv cure - April 23, 2014
- It's true - SFBG prefer purity and achieving nothing to - April 23, 2014
- Still goes to poor political judgement and instincts - April 23, 2014
- Only two of the eleven Supes are hardline lefties - April 23, 2014
- Where was the "hippie" in her - April 22, 2014