Fag Friday, Doc Martin, Jazzy Jeff, Kafana Balkan, and more fun nightlife haps. Plus: Happy 50th birthday DJ Bus Station John!
DJ BUS STATION JOHN'S 50TH BIRTHDAY
"Looking back, I really believe it was fated that this music I have such a passion for — thousands of songs somehow magically encoded in these spiral grooves of black plastic 30 years ago or more — was meant to survive, to be with us another day," says DJ Bus Station John. As was he. Now with us for half a century (that's a lot of polish on the ol' glory hole! Somebody drop her off at Sotheby's for appraisal!), the old school disco-teer is still going strong, and bringing generations together. "I love the great rapport I have with the young'uns on and off the dance floor. But it's important that guys my age and older know they are heartily welcomed at my clubs as well. After all, we lived it the first time 'round. And like my records, we are survivors, here to tell the tale. So boys, I want to see more of your wrinkly faces shining under the disco lights!" For his 50th, he'll guest star at the weekly Honey Sundays party, playing a "special 12-inch edition" of that party, based on his much-missed marathon tea-dance, Double Dutch Disco.
Sun/23, 7 p.m.–2 a.m., $3. Holy Cow, 1535 Folsom, SF. www.honeysoundsystem.com
Most Commented On
- Greg's hatred for cops blinds him to any facts that do not - March 14, 2014
- Just saying that the homeless cause less problems in some - March 14, 2014
- Did we elect Davis to solve social problems? - March 14, 2014
- The DA was Elected to Office After Appointment - March 14, 2014
- This has nothing to do with - March 14, 2014
- Suuuurree Davis Is Interested In Public Safety - March 14, 2014
- The problem, Greg, is that running a city is like running any - March 14, 2014
- This post - March 14, 2014
- The left is dominated by anger and hate - March 14, 2014
- That depends on what my job is. - March 14, 2014