Just in time for Valentine's Day (and the requisite romantic dinner), SFBG food writer Virginia Miller picks her favorite new restaurants of the past year.
FOR YOUR SWEETIE PIE: BAKER AND BANKER
With dark brown walls and booths, the space exudes a warm elegance. Husband and wife team Jeff Banker and Lori Baker get it right from start to finish with his dishes (vadouvan curry cauliflower soup, brioche-stuffed quail in a bourbon-maple glaze) and her memorable desserts (XXX triple dark chocolate layer cake, pumpkin cobbler with candied pumpkin seed ice cream). Extra points if you buy him a box of pastries to go for the next morning from Baker and Banker bakery next door.
1701 Octavia, SF. (415) 351-2500, www.bakerandbanker.com
Most Commented On
- uVMWamJWwNQ - July 29, 2014
- All great and important - July 29, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 29, 2014
- How many times have - July 29, 2014
- No, we should punish greedy - July 29, 2014
- Seattle empowered - July 29, 2014
- The courts would differ with - July 29, 2014
- Absolutely! And none of our - July 29, 2014
- The Housing Elements are - July 29, 2014
- Wealthy NIMBYs know exactly - July 29, 2014