A look at the world of the 21st-century bathroom attendant
Fausz has seen turnover, most often when attendants steal or are headhunted by clubs. Some just aren't a good fit ,or can't work in the environment, or can't hold the right amount of conversation. (The attendant I met at the beginning of this piece no longer works for Fausz.) But there are people willing to work for Refreshus wherever the opportunity arises. On a recent night I ran into Russ, a lean fellow in a sharp jacket stationed in the more luxurious main bathroom at 1015 Folsom. He described the job as "a good way to supplement my income," adding "I'm a personal trainer."
Fausz wants to fit bathroom attendants into more of the city's nightclubs, even if an event tends to draw a crowd for whom a bathroom attendant is an obscure novelty. He puts it simply: "I'm kind of training the next generation of people to tip."
Most Commented On
- Student protesters file claim against City College and SF - July 24, 2014
- Cash backwards - July 24, 2014
- Greg join Walmart investors - July 24, 2014
- Beach Chalet Ballot Initiative - July 24, 2014
- The US spends billions to fight Ebola and Marburg too - July 24, 2014
- BUgBvGEJFp - July 24, 2014
- And yet Israel spends millions to fight it. - July 24, 2014
- Your Imagination - July 24, 2014
- It's a complicated issue - July 24, 2014
- this doesn't even make sense - July 24, 2014