A look at the world of the 21st-century bathroom attendant
Fausz has seen turnover, most often when attendants steal or are headhunted by clubs. Some just aren't a good fit ,or can't work in the environment, or can't hold the right amount of conversation. (The attendant I met at the beginning of this piece no longer works for Fausz.) But there are people willing to work for Refreshus wherever the opportunity arises. On a recent night I ran into Russ, a lean fellow in a sharp jacket stationed in the more luxurious main bathroom at 1015 Folsom. He described the job as "a good way to supplement my income," adding "I'm a personal trainer."
Fausz wants to fit bathroom attendants into more of the city's nightclubs, even if an event tends to draw a crowd for whom a bathroom attendant is an obscure novelty. He puts it simply: "I'm kind of training the next generation of people to tip."
Most Commented On
- xCBcdTMKIUmrJ - April 17, 2014
- It's a myth that "if only" we give the homeless this or that - April 17, 2014
- Aren't their folks that are - April 17, 2014
- EaEttcTHivx - April 17, 2014
- Too late - April 17, 2014
- Homeowner (noun): one that - April 17, 2014
- This is true, and moreover the universe of net beneficiaries of - April 17, 2014
- LKbaaByfxUuHzupWL - April 17, 2014
- WE pay OUR taxes - April 17, 2014
- aVSzicDusmzArZcOR - April 17, 2014