St. Paddy's Day events, from the cultural to the convivial (including the big parade this weekend)
Serving from 10 a.m.–10 p.m. Parkside Tavern, 1940 Taravel, SF. (415) 731-8900, www.parksidetavernsf.com
FINANCIAL DISTRICT ST. PADDY'S STREET PARTY
Wonderbread 5 provides rockin' live tunes during happy hour, and pub Royal Exchange keeps the suds a flowin' at this al fresco rager in FiDi.
Thurs/17 3 p.m.–2 a.m., free. Front between Sacramento and California, SF. www.royalexchange.com
ST. PATRICK'S NIGHTLIFE
DJ Nako puts the spin on St. Patrick's, and the swanky science museum plies you with green-themed activities at the shamrock edition of its bangin' night at the museum's weekly event.
Thurs/17 8–10 p.m., $12. California Academy of Sciences, 55 Music Concourse, SF. 1-888-670-4433, www.calacademy.org
DELHI TO DUBLIN
Can you hold your finger cymbals and Guinness stein in the same hand? Try. This multicultural Celtic bhangra group always brings the jams — its St. Paddy's Day gig in clubland is sure to be the most high energy dance party this side of Riverdance.
Thurs/17 9 p.m., $15. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. (415) 625-8880, www.mezzaninesf.com
Didn't get enough of the folk rock Hounds at the March 12 Civic Center Plaza festival? Check out the SF group's headlining gig ensconced in the wooden glory of the Great American Music Hall. Renée de la Prada's dulcet voice soars over the accordions and violins of her band.
Thurs/17 7:30 p.m., $20. Great American Music Hall, 859 O'Farrell, SF. (415) 885-0750, www.gamh.com
BISS ME I'M IRISH ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARTY
Celebrate the Irish infiltration into every corner of the globe with the hip-hop-cumbia-reggaetón punch of La Gente, which headlines this diverse lineup, otherwise composed of female singer-songwriters bringing it in the keys of punk, rock, and pop.
Thurs/17 9 p.m., $10. Cafe Du Nord, 2170 Market, SF. (415) 861-5016, www.cafedunord.com
Most Commented On
- Who gets hit by Muni switchbacks? - May 18, 2013
- True, but the problem is ever worse than that since some - May 18, 2013
- The issue isn't whether a worker is illegal but - May 18, 2013
- Offering up a verbal taxonomy is hardly hate speech. - May 18, 2013
- Oh? - May 18, 2013
- Share a cab - May 18, 2013
- Winograd went on to leave the Dem party - May 18, 2013
- Some more analysis of the SF recycling boondoggle - May 18, 2013
- How do we know what laws to obey? - May 18, 2013
- The law doesn't support that interpretation. - May 18, 2013