St. Paddy's Day events, from the cultural to the convivial (including the big parade this weekend)
Serving from 10 a.m.–10 p.m. Parkside Tavern, 1940 Taravel, SF. (415) 731-8900, www.parksidetavernsf.com
FINANCIAL DISTRICT ST. PADDY'S STREET PARTY
Wonderbread 5 provides rockin' live tunes during happy hour, and pub Royal Exchange keeps the suds a flowin' at this al fresco rager in FiDi.
Thurs/17 3 p.m.–2 a.m., free. Front between Sacramento and California, SF. www.royalexchange.com
ST. PATRICK'S NIGHTLIFE
DJ Nako puts the spin on St. Patrick's, and the swanky science museum plies you with green-themed activities at the shamrock edition of its bangin' night at the museum's weekly event.
Thurs/17 8–10 p.m., $12. California Academy of Sciences, 55 Music Concourse, SF. 1-888-670-4433, www.calacademy.org
DELHI TO DUBLIN
Can you hold your finger cymbals and Guinness stein in the same hand? Try. This multicultural Celtic bhangra group always brings the jams — its St. Paddy's Day gig in clubland is sure to be the most high energy dance party this side of Riverdance.
Thurs/17 9 p.m., $15. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. (415) 625-8880, www.mezzaninesf.com
Didn't get enough of the folk rock Hounds at the March 12 Civic Center Plaza festival? Check out the SF group's headlining gig ensconced in the wooden glory of the Great American Music Hall. Renée de la Prada's dulcet voice soars over the accordions and violins of her band.
Thurs/17 7:30 p.m., $20. Great American Music Hall, 859 O'Farrell, SF. (415) 885-0750, www.gamh.com
BISS ME I'M IRISH ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARTY
Celebrate the Irish infiltration into every corner of the globe with the hip-hop-cumbia-reggaetón punch of La Gente, which headlines this diverse lineup, otherwise composed of female singer-songwriters bringing it in the keys of punk, rock, and pop.
Thurs/17 9 p.m., $10. Cafe Du Nord, 2170 Market, SF. (415) 861-5016, www.cafedunord.com
Most Commented On
- Navajo Nation Makes Healthy Food Choices Tax-Free - March 15, 2014
- It happens because SF spends $165 million a year on the homeless - March 15, 2014
- They have that right only as long as they do not commit - March 15, 2014
- Who put you in charge of who deserves to live here? - March 15, 2014
- Cleaning up the plaze requires only that the SRO residents are - March 15, 2014
- If Zuckerberg can live in the Mission, Steven, then why not - March 15, 2014
- Idora, you are the one who implied that this guy could not - March 15, 2014
- Still, nobody is being "displaced" by this project - March 15, 2014
- The bond for a $23,000 bail is 10% or $2,300 which you do not - March 15, 2014
- I knew it was you - March 15, 2014