City reaches multimillion deal with Lembi family, SF's most notorious landlord
The City Attorney's Office noted that Herrera amended his original complaint three times to fully capture the Lembi family's "byzantine array of business entities, trusts, and partnerships within the scope of the lawsuit," fighting through corporate stall tactics that were the subject of fines issued by the courts.
Even after their unscrupulous tactics were exposed, the Lembis continued to be celebrated by business groups such as the San Francisco Apartment Association, although city officials told us "real estate observers had long speculated that the Lembi family's unlawful business model was ultimately unsustainable. And the severe economic downturn that began in late 2008 appears to have been cataclysmic for the aspiring real estate empire."
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014
- At least we have the - August 7, 2014
- Yeah the Sunni and Shia have - August 7, 2014
- The US and UK and later - August 7, 2014
- But they did not exist until - August 7, 2014