Beardo's take on Rasputin reaches deep, fishes around, and comes up perfectly weird
From Rasputin to Putin, Russia's political history has been one long cabaret act in much poorer taste than anything you'll find here. But Beardo, virile and viral, is less about Russia (although it lends tacit support to the long-standing theory that the Russian Revolution was in part galvanized by Rasputin's undermining of tsarist authority) than about a crazy social hierarchy so steep and brittle, so vast in its gulf between high and low, that a single does of mayhem can become a political force "where the outside meets the inside." It's then that a little disorder is what's in order.
Through April 24; $17–$26
1901 Ashby, Berk.
Most Commented On
- Sssh... a movement like this - April 16, 2014
- New students are not enrolling at CCSF because they see it is - April 16, 2014
- The case against CCSF is so compelling that no appeal is - April 16, 2014
- People like Greg always call anyone who disagrees with their - April 16, 2014
- Except that there is not a shred of evidence that the death of - April 16, 2014
- Is there anything SEIU does not have an opinion about? - April 16, 2014
- Cynthia Crews cannot claim to speak for the people - April 16, 2014
- Fat is the new Starving - April 16, 2014
- "By today, it was estimated - April 16, 2014
- We need more diversity - April 16, 2014