Democrats need to get over Republican obstructionism -- and give the public a clear choice
"As a political matter, it's time for Jerry Brown to reach for his inner La Follette and start sounding some good, old-fashioned, Wisconsin-style populism. Instead of going after the railroads, as La Follette did, however, Brown should aim at the ultrawealthy, the oil companies, and other greedy corporate interests that have a) allowed the California Republican Party to gridlock the budget process and b) fought to keep special corporate loopholes, including outrageously low property tax rates from Prop. 13."
That's how you turn California around.
Most Commented On
- Break on Through - May 21, 2013
- Do you even know the reason - May 21, 2013
- Do you even know the reason - May 20, 2013
- I'm with you - May 20, 2013
- Yes, but pot is immoral - May 20, 2013
- Harmed? - May 20, 2013
- Yes, SF desperately needs journalists. - May 20, 2013
- I'm with you but how does one avoid our incompetent government?? - May 20, 2013
- I feel sorry for you conservatives - May 20, 2013
- I fully support the strike of - May 20, 2013