Democrats need to get over Republican obstructionism -- and give the public a clear choice
"As a political matter, it's time for Jerry Brown to reach for his inner La Follette and start sounding some good, old-fashioned, Wisconsin-style populism. Instead of going after the railroads, as La Follette did, however, Brown should aim at the ultrawealthy, the oil companies, and other greedy corporate interests that have a) allowed the California Republican Party to gridlock the budget process and b) fought to keep special corporate loopholes, including outrageously low property tax rates from Prop. 13."
That's how you turn California around.
Most Commented On
- Having an admitted domestic - July 31, 2014
- Boxes in space - July 31, 2014
- Shameful Mailer - July 31, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 31, 2014
- But work orders are legitimate - July 31, 2014
- Nowhere in there do I see specific examples of new SF - July 31, 2014
- Projections - July 31, 2014
- Lil B's career trajectory is reminiscent of S.mouse - July 31, 2014
- DRomGYCrHe - July 31, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 31, 2014