Democrats need to get over Republican obstructionism -- and give the public a clear choice
"As a political matter, it's time for Jerry Brown to reach for his inner La Follette and start sounding some good, old-fashioned, Wisconsin-style populism. Instead of going after the railroads, as La Follette did, however, Brown should aim at the ultrawealthy, the oil companies, and other greedy corporate interests that have a) allowed the California Republican Party to gridlock the budget process and b) fought to keep special corporate loopholes, including outrageously low property tax rates from Prop. 13."
That's how you turn California around.
Most Commented On
- correction - December 19, 2013
- What is a fair wage? - December 19, 2013
- While the city has - December 19, 2013
- Yet another reason why people should leave. - December 19, 2013
- Except, "Claire", that I do not wage war on anyone or anything. - December 19, 2013
- Typically they do. - December 19, 2013
- The dreamers in SF can complain - December 19, 2013
- Correct - December 19, 2013
- treatment - December 19, 2013
- San Francisco is an - December 19, 2013