Democrats need to get over Republican obstructionism -- and give the public a clear choice
"As a political matter, it's time for Jerry Brown to reach for his inner La Follette and start sounding some good, old-fashioned, Wisconsin-style populism. Instead of going after the railroads, as La Follette did, however, Brown should aim at the ultrawealthy, the oil companies, and other greedy corporate interests that have a) allowed the California Republican Party to gridlock the budget process and b) fought to keep special corporate loopholes, including outrageously low property tax rates from Prop. 13."
That's how you turn California around.
Most Commented On
- New Jersey, one of the most - March 17, 2014
- You cannot run any organization with some level of top-down - March 17, 2014
- Racist slurs against whites are acceptable in the Mission. - March 17, 2014
- You Must Have Moved Here Last Year - March 17, 2014
- Gullible - March 17, 2014
- Answers - March 17, 2014
- Man this idea is great. I - March 17, 2014
- click here - March 17, 2014
- Finally I understand what you - March 17, 2014
- They deserve it, I think that - March 17, 2014