Pladra builds the perfect shirt, locally
SFBG What were the specific challenges of designing and producing everything in San Francisco?
PLADRA It was really important to us to keep things local and support local businesses. But limiting our geographic range also meant limiting our accessibility to materials that would maintain our desired quality while not forcing our prices to skyrocket. That meant we had to challenge ourselves to search harder for vendors that could deliver great materials and finishing — and we ended up partnering with some incredible ones who went above and beyond to support our vision.
SFBG Pladra isn't just all about hunting and designing. What are some of your favorite shops and bars in SF?
PLADRA Shopping-wise, we really like Union Made in the Castro. Our friends at Park Life in the Inner Richmond and the General Store in the Outer Sunset offer amazing home-produced goods. And the Aqua and Mollusk surf shops have always been amazing at supporting their communities. As for going out, we could happily spend the rest of our lives drinking our way through the menus at Toronado and Alembic. And we just scored one of our favorite clubs, 111 Minna, to host our official launch party. See you there? *
PLADRA LAUNCH PARTY Tues/26, 5 p.m.–9 p.m., free. 111 Minna, SF. www.111minnagallery.com
Most Commented On
- Wrong, Steven, the "Guest" made no cogent arguments. - April 18, 2014
- I like the band - April 18, 2014
- Steven, the percentage of scientists who support global warming - April 18, 2014
- TOAkcLPchHMnOYM - April 18, 2014
- In other words... - April 18, 2014
- Seeking the truth - April 18, 2014
- Yes real - April 18, 2014
- qcXxxEfPWOYXcFI - April 18, 2014
- Yes, so where is your evidence coming from? - April 18, 2014
- One of the ways the left always justifies their bias is by - April 18, 2014