Cults is made up of real people, not lizard people
"It's fun to play live and interact with audiences. Live [music] is so important — it's the only way to make money, and right now shows are doing awesome," Oblivion says with his crackly, phone-impaired voice, noting his admiration for indie bands that are selling out large venues. He's calling it a revolution.
"People want to have an experience, something to hold onto. They're tired of the MP3s that move around through the air, because it's just not the same as being at a show and feeling the music come out of the speakers. It's immaterial. You walk away with a feeling."
That feeling is the revolution.
With Magic Kids, White Arrows
Thurs./14, 8 p.m.; $13
628 Divisadero, SF
Most Commented On
- Commitment matters - March 8, 2014
- You and I have different values - March 8, 2014
- Oh yes - that paragon of virtue, ambulance chaser Chris Dolan... - March 7, 2014
- eKwimShrzRLu - March 7, 2014
- You're kidding right? Brown - March 7, 2014
- fyi, marcos, AAA has a dismal record on motorists' rights - March 7, 2014
- Christopher Dolan AGAIN? - March 7, 2014
- So criticizing someone who - March 7, 2014
- Funny, I felt the same way about Jerry Brown - March 7, 2014
- So in other words you feel - March 7, 2014