Deep Green Festival offers an expanded view of cannabis culture
But even when talking about THC, many in the industry dispute the criticism that most marijuana use is merely recreational drug use. Vapor Room founder Martin Olive has said most pot use isn't strictly medical or recreational, but a third category he calls "therapeutic," people who smoke pot to help cope with the stress of modern life.
DeAngelo agrees, although he puts it slightly differently: "The vast majority of cannabis users use it for the purpose of wellness."
DEEP GREEN FESTIVAL Saturday, April 23. Performances by The Coup, Heavyweight Dub Champion, and more; speakers include pot cultivation columnist Ed Rosenthal, Steve DeAngelo, and business owner David Bronner. $20 advance/$30 door ($20 for bicyclists and carpoolers, $100 VIP).
Craneway Pavilion, 1414 Harbour Way South, Richmond. www.deepgreenfest.com
Most Commented On
- Eris Mars daughter was getting second hand soda? - July 23, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - July 23, 2014
- The only "funny" thing... is - July 23, 2014
- We don't need a masterpiece - July 23, 2014
- We must be multicultural and diverse - July 23, 2014
- Muni is an anachronism - July 23, 2014
- The sick-out made me a - July 23, 2014
- Muni fares should reflect costs - July 23, 2014
- Growth potential - July 23, 2014
- TIFF diary #2: dead cheerleaders + Tsai, Hong, and Breillat - July 23, 2014