The Eagle isn't really as much a bar as it is an oddball equivalent of the old school public house
The Eagle Tavern, for all of these reasons and many more, is culturally significant in this town. Should it close so that an owner (who doesn't live in town and who has shown callously that he doesn't give a damn about the community) can "clean it up" and make, presumably, a straight bar that caters to the bridge-and-tunnel scene (or even a new, trendy gay bar focused on younger clientele), we as a city are going to lose something that simply cannot be replaced.
Victor Krummenacher is a musician and designer.
Most Commented On
- There is no legal or causal case to answer there. - December 11, 2013
- Yes, if you mean civil or criminal liability - December 11, 2013
- If these accidents are not reported then how can anyone - December 11, 2013
- But isn't he 100% correct and saying what many of us here say. - December 11, 2013
- Spam Barrier - December 11, 2013
- That was a troll bait. - December 11, 2013
- Progressives are supposed to be the good guys - December 11, 2013
- Mountain View - December 11, 2013
- Yup, not your every day - December 11, 2013
- "and real estate - December 11, 2013