The Eagle isn't really as much a bar as it is an oddball equivalent of the old school public house
The Eagle Tavern, for all of these reasons and many more, is culturally significant in this town. Should it close so that an owner (who doesn't live in town and who has shown callously that he doesn't give a damn about the community) can "clean it up" and make, presumably, a straight bar that caters to the bridge-and-tunnel scene (or even a new, trendy gay bar focused on younger clientele), we as a city are going to lose something that simply cannot be replaced.
Victor Krummenacher is a musician and designer.
Most Commented On
- Not all organizations manage - July 31, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 31, 2014
- Live Review: My Bloody Valentine’s SF show feels like - July 31, 2014
- Guest is on the money - July 31, 2014
- tcTYGeyRdjlOsJzZJFnl - July 31, 2014
- Natural Areas and Playgrounds in SF - July 31, 2014
- Natural - July 31, 2014
- Do "nice young men" overdo gang signs? - July 31, 2014
- Paul, it's touching that you see Emma as weak and needing to be - July 31, 2014
- Wow guys - July 31, 2014