The Eagle isn't really as much a bar as it is an oddball equivalent of the old school public house
The Eagle Tavern, for all of these reasons and many more, is culturally significant in this town. Should it close so that an owner (who doesn't live in town and who has shown callously that he doesn't give a damn about the community) can "clean it up" and make, presumably, a straight bar that caters to the bridge-and-tunnel scene (or even a new, trendy gay bar focused on younger clientele), we as a city are going to lose something that simply cannot be replaced.
Victor Krummenacher is a musician and designer.
Most Commented On
- The problem with that, Greg, is that when rent control - April 17, 2014
- Unimaginable and - April 17, 2014
- Whoa, Greg, are you now trying to throw us off the scent by - April 17, 2014
- Of course you would, Greg. You want city policies decided by the - April 17, 2014
- Times change - April 17, 2014
- Wait, Greg, I thought you loved central and south America - April 17, 2014
- Actually, Greg, the offices where we do elect folks are more - April 17, 2014
- So you're the infamous SFparkripoff who I'm supposed to be! - April 17, 2014
- A GOOD SPELL MAN - April 17, 2014
- Mexico! - April 17, 2014