The Eagle isn't really as much a bar as it is an oddball equivalent of the old school public house
The Eagle Tavern, for all of these reasons and many more, is culturally significant in this town. Should it close so that an owner (who doesn't live in town and who has shown callously that he doesn't give a damn about the community) can "clean it up" and make, presumably, a straight bar that caters to the bridge-and-tunnel scene (or even a new, trendy gay bar focused on younger clientele), we as a city are going to lose something that simply cannot be replaced.
Victor Krummenacher is a musician and designer.
Most Commented On
- I think more people would... - December 13, 2013
- Thanks, El Dedo, for factual - December 13, 2013
- But I am correct - December 13, 2013
- Hundreds of lawsuits say otherwise - December 13, 2013
- Biking could be for everyone if we wanted - December 13, 2013
- Biking could be for everyone...if we wanted it to be - December 13, 2013
- Why is it always an external - December 13, 2013
- Yeah, when the bike nuts say "hey, it works in Holland" - December 13, 2013
- Cocaine works as well, as - December 13, 2013
- It has worked. Take a look at your year-end 401K statement - December 13, 2013