Whirling world cuisine into quick, healthy noms
The mac 'n' cheese was served cold, though it was still creamy and hadn't congealed. It's the kind of thing you'd eat with a deep sense of gratitude if, brutally hung over, you found it in the refrigerator one Sunday morning. You'd thank the Almighty for remembering you at all, and you wouldn't quibble about a small matter like temperature. Still, it would be better warm. The pasta is whole-grain: a plus.
Ordering is complex, with a murk of choices, options, and pricing plans. It's like struggling at the podium of a budget airline — check this, carry that, headphones? By the time you're done, you need a glass of sauvignon blanc ($5), to settle down. It wasn't Sancerre but it wasn't bad, either. Getting anything here for $5 is beautiful. But that's our brave new world.
Daily: 10 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
3401 California, SF
Wine and beer
Most Commented On
- Human rights - March 15, 2014
- Lobby of Trolls - March 15, 2014
- Community - March 15, 2014
- I wanna get rid of you...And you too - March 15, 2014
- nice - March 15, 2014
- false argument - March 14, 2014
- As spoken by one of the - March 14, 2014
- Make-Believe Energy Can Power Make-Believe Engines! - March 14, 2014
- Har, when it all woks out for you - March 14, 2014
- The SOMA junk housing projects hardly represent a city in amber - March 14, 2014