Why be sober when you can sparkle?
MICHELADA AT COCK-A-DOODLE CAFÉ
This downtown Oakland breakfast spot has the brunch drink for when you're looking to kick off your free day with some heat. As all those who have ventured south of the border will recall, the michelada is a bloody mary gone Mexican, the dreaded red beers (lager and tomato juice) of your college days gone festive. Crisp Corona, lime, and Cock-A-Doodle's house bloody mary mix await you, served in a huge salt-and-chile-rimmed glass that's ready to baila contigo.
719 Washington, Oakl. (510) 465-5400 www.cockadoodlecafe.com
IRISH COFFEE AT THE BUENA VISTA
The Buena Vista's Irish coffee story is frequently repeated by a certain faction of Bay Area folks. It is said, usually after the storyteller has downed a few, that this Fisherman's Wharf bar was the first to perfect the drink on this side of the Atlantic. The Buena Vista's Irish coffee is a proprietary mix of Irish whiskey, hot joe, and frothy cream — and although a friend of ours once wisely told us never to mix our uppers with our downers, to her we say: welcome to brunch drinks.
2765 Hyde, SF. (415) 474-5044 www.thebuenavista.com
Most Commented On
- No, Greg, I'm not saying that you should join the trolls. - March 16, 2014
- Same dealio either way. - March 16, 2014
- That's in the Mish. - March 16, 2014
- Ah, so you admit you referred to an alleged conspiracy that was - March 16, 2014
- So you're saying I should join the trolls - March 16, 2014
- Yes I am denying that - March 16, 2014
- Nobody gives a crap about your Che fantasies, Greg. - March 16, 2014
- Calling yourself "Greg" is no different than calling yourself - March 16, 2014
- Greg, are you seriously denying that you accused the Ed Lee - March 16, 2014
- I didn't know there were 15 million Venezuelans - March 16, 2014