alt.sex.column says so long -- and thanks for all the fish
Gender: From where I sit (in San Francisco) gender's trans(oh, ha)formation from a mostly scientific term most famous for having to be distinguished from "sex" while talking about the results of ultrasounds to a continuum, a conversation, and a community is hyoooge. I do not foresee the end of binary gender as a basic human sorting tool, if for no other reason than that most people do fall into one category or the other. But the new ways we are discussing gender as an option, a performance, and a journey will not be leaving us any time soon. And so much the richer for us.
I wanted to talk about hooking-up versus dating. Women not having periods. Vajazzling (OK, not really). The mainstreaming of S/M. I gotta go. But I'll be around in the dark. Wherever there's a kid wondering if people really do that with gerbils, I'll be there. Wherever there's some guy wondering if he can talk his girlfriend into a threesome, I'll be there.
New site coming soon. I'll let you know.
Most Commented On
- You're lucky Ed Lee is even willing to talk to you given that - March 11, 2014
- She's not bad actually - March 11, 2014
- The conclusion is obvious - the people don't care. - March 11, 2014
- "Comrades!! Out of the buses and into your cars!!" - March 11, 2014
- okay tr*nny is a slur by the - March 11, 2014
- Bottled water ban - March 11, 2014
- Objecting to people taking a bus to work is not really a - March 11, 2014
- I wanna guess that "Tiny" weighs three hundred pounds. - March 11, 2014
- Any half-decent report would explain WHY this guy is being - March 11, 2014
- You would be delayed for far longer by all the extra cars there - March 11, 2014