Psychedelic Horseshit steps out of the shitstorm and laces things with bliss
FatCat has since signed them on and Laced — a hazy, hallucinatory miasma of beats and moods that evokes both the loudly buzzing atmospherics of Black Dice and the experimental art damage of a less poppy Ariel Pink — is set to come out May 10. Leading up to the blessed date: the "Shitty Sundays" series of larky yet intriguing free MP3s (some freshly recorded only a few days previous), which have been released weekly on the FatCat site. The MP3s hint at Laced's trippier, less aggro mood, clad in samples and sprinkled with sequencers and drum machines ("I started going to festivals and taking ecstasy and getting into blissed-out dance music," explains Horseshit), although the fuck-it feeling that anything can happen remains, the same freewheeling, horse-caca churn of the first Psychedelic Horseshit show I ever saw, back in 2007. "It's a stepping stone kind of record," Horseshit offers. "It has one foot in our path and goes in a lot of different places and frees us up from what a lot of people think we are."
A tempered, more mature Horseshit? Could be — he's even willing to bide his time while Jewell is away on a meditation retreat. "He wouldn't even tell me where it was!" he marvels, adding that keyboardist Nicole Bland is playing with the band in the U.K., "covering his ass when he's figured this shit out."
"I said, 'The record's coming out,' and he said, 'I can't be in the band right now. I just need to be away and find out what's going on.' It's bad timing, but I respect it. It's like, you know, 'Thanks.'"
Most Commented On
- Miss Precious Nzunde can destroy your puppetmaster!!! - April 24, 2014
- A REAL SPELL CASTER - April 24, 2014
- the great spell caster that saved my marriage - April 24, 2014
- My name is jenifer and i live - April 24, 2014
- how you can get back your ex lover after break up - April 24, 2014
- DiRCKlNNaDQCCmo - April 24, 2014
- My Name is Jackson Parker .I - April 24, 2014
- The Puppet Master - April 24, 2014
- The article has that point wrong. - April 24, 2014
- staples protest - April 24, 2014