Lumerians work together to create surreal interstellar music on Transmalinnia
The tough part was capturing the songs in their perfectly imperfect "nascent state," as Musgrave puts it. "We've always tried to capture those ephemeral moments — it's proven to be very difficult," he explains. "Hard drives crash. Or we'll think we're recording and look over and it's stopped. But the power of inspiration is so powerful you can't pull away — it's like you're in a tractor beam!"
Fortunately, Lumerians doesn't seem destined to perish in obscurity à la Von Bruenchenhein — the combo had just returned from the Austin Psych Fest, where by their accounts, they were the underdog belles, hampered by two power outages during their set. Will bands of the future find their minds blown by dog-eared Lumerians LPs? "I don't know if that's the way I think about it," Musgrave says, "but any artifacts we put out are hopefully worthy of discovery."
"So when the blogosphere forgets about us," adds Melzer, tongue lodged in cheek, "and three months later, we get rediscovered!"
With Young Prisms and Bronze
July 2, 9 p.m., $13
Great American Music Hall
859 O'Farrell, SF
(415) 885-0750 www.gamh.com
- cantece de copii - August 22, 2014
- One can keep all the existing - August 21, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014
- At least we have the - August 7, 2014
- Yeah the Sunni and Shia have - August 7, 2014