The strongest female touches in the Bay's bars
With free shuffleboard, free Wi-Fi, and a free 45-rpm jukebox filled with donated records spanning 1952 to the late '70s, there's no better place to enjoy artisanal fire water and eye-opening transgressive cinema streaming from a high def Magnavox. Bartender Keli Rivers oversees HTC's cocktail program, and if you find a better mescal creation than Totsy owner Jessica Maria's Mexican Velvet, a blend of Cazadores reposado, Chichicapa mescal, pineapple gum, and fresh lime in a velvet falernum-rinsed glass, I'd love to hear about it.
Save yourself the trouble of looking and dabble in Keli and Maria's handiwork with a street taco from nearby Tacos al Autlense in one hand and your lap dog in the other (it's a canine-friendly joint). If that ride isn't forthcoming, catch Keli mixing it up tonight (Wednesday, May 25) at CUESA's farmers market cocktail event at the Ferry Building.
601 San Pablo, Albany. (510) 526-5986, www.hotsytotsyclub.com
The raffish Ruggy Joesten is senior community manager at Yelp.com.
Most Commented On
- Robots can't cook the food - December 5, 2013
- Bring on the automated - December 5, 2013
- Hi, Lilli! - December 5, 2013
- Supporting local artists & performances - December 5, 2013
- A local non-profit will chose - December 5, 2013
- Great post! - December 5, 2013
- I completely understand what - December 5, 2013
- $40 or $50 would give them the life to which they feel - December 5, 2013
- The truly appalling reality - December 5, 2013
- I always wait until Boots - December 5, 2013