Doing delta right in the Castro, with crunchy mirliton salads, shrimp po'boys, and of course, hush puppies
All the juiciness absent from the ribs turned up in the fried chicken ($12.90), a full half-bird served with red beans and rice. Even the breast meat was juicy, while the skin and the artfully seasoned batter had fused into a shell that was an experience unto itself — almost like shards of savory candy.
Dessert could only be pecan pie ($3.90), which was not at all cloying and for that matter didn't even really resemble a slice of pie — more a kind of crumble, with chunks and bits of pastry everywhere. We didn't mind, but ... is there such a thing as a pie shredder?
Dinner: Sun..–Thurs., 6–11 p.m.;
Fri.–Sat., 6 p.m.–midnight
Brunch: Sat.–Sun., 10:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
2295 Market, SF
Beer and wine
Most Commented On
- Israel is surrounded by nations that wish it to be destroyed - July 24, 2014
- Yo, it's hard to see another meaning to the phrase: - July 24, 2014
- When Hamas fires rockets at civilian areas - July 24, 2014
- The cause of Hamas is the destruction of Israel. - July 24, 2014
- You're mean - July 24, 2014
- SEIU - July 24, 2014
- Terrorism - July 24, 2014
- http://nhts.ornl.gov/2009/pub - July 24, 2014
- The cause of the Palestinian people - July 24, 2014
- Being a piece of shit bigot - July 24, 2014