South Town Arcade is easy to miss -- but once within its "candy cabs" you may never leave
After braving Pride parade traffic and finally making it to South Town, Miskic emerged six hours later as tournament champion, despite arriving late and taking a default loss. As he stepped outside to speak with me, a girl handed him a congratulatory portrait she had drawn of Balrog, his character of choice in the day's matches. Inside, even though the tournament was over, no one seemed ready to leave. A small circle began gathering around the Street Fighter II cabinet.
"I'll add that I'm really bad at this game," Miskic said. "I consider myself terrible. That's the thing that I like about it, though. Because there's always a constant challenge between the old-school people and the new-school people coming up, once you're around the community for long enough, people will get used to you. You'll make friends in it. People will help each other out."
SOUTH TOWN ARCADE
447 Stockton, SF.
Most Commented On
- Car parts are very delegate - May 23, 2013
- "The people you describe" ... - May 23, 2013
- I already saw many blogs but - May 23, 2013
- "Manhattanization" is not what makes a town boring! - May 22, 2013
- SF Pride's board demonstrated - May 22, 2013
- Sad. You must be in a really - May 22, 2013
- Bridging the gap between homelessness and function-ability - May 22, 2013
- Means Testing would be fair, - May 22, 2013
- ahhh.., such a magical - May 22, 2013
- Pets are one of the most - May 22, 2013