Huge project in Showplace Square begins new residential push in the eastern neighborhoods
Bay West argues that the apartments it plans to build at the Concourse site would be "workforce housing" with less than 1:1 parking (actual parking would work out to .79:1 at the 801 Brannan site and .64:1 at the One Henry Adams site). More than 40 percent of the units would be larger two-bedroom units intended for families.
Yet Kelly says that that by offering the apartments at market rates, none are appropriate for new families. "For all the talk about keeping families here, then how come we're not building family housing?"
It's a max-out project, says San Francisco architect Dick Millet, of the Potrero Boosters Neighborhood Association. "In the end, under their breath, they're all going to say, I wouldn't live there myself."
Most Commented On
- Its "Social Justice" - March 16, 2014
- People who are socialy liberal - March 16, 2014
- Then what is the SFBG bitching about? - March 16, 2014
- Troll Distraction Topic, as - March 16, 2014
- I have to keep you updated - March 16, 2014
- the point being - March 16, 2014
- Alongside Mar, Avalos, and - March 16, 2014
- Scott Weiner - March 16, 2014
- LOLz - OMG - March 16, 2014
- But progressives LOVE - March 16, 2014