THE GUARDIAN GUIDE TO BURNING MAN: Tips and resources to get the most out of Burning Man
Space Cowboys Hoedown Legendary SF-based sound collective the Space Cowboys has a tradition of driving its mobile music vehicle the Unimog out to the "biggest, baddest art piece" on the playa for a big dance party every year, which art cars with speakers and radio receivers can also relay, create a fun circle of sound. And this year, the winner is...The Flaming Lotus Girls' Tympani Lambada.
Friday night at Tympani Lambada
Distrikt Come ride the daytime dance party train to the end of the line with DJ Kramer spinning until someone drags him off the stage to get ready for the burn.
Saturday, 4-??? at Distrikt Camp (9&F)
Scumfrog Dutch-born DJ Scumfrog has been rocking the playa every year since he first camped with us at Opulent Temple in 2004, and as readers of my book know, he's a Burning Man true believer who just loves this culture, so he always brings his A-game. This is the place to be as the sun rises on final full day of Black Rock City.
Sunday, 4 am-sunrise, Disorient (2&Esplanade)
Tribes of Burning Man signing Yours truly, Scribe, will be on stage leading a discussion of issues raised in my book, The Tribes of Burning Man: How an Experimental City in the Desert is Shaping the New American Counterculture. Study up by ordering a signed copy now from www.steventjones.com and join in the debate, or just come heckle me for this shameless plug.
Sunday 4 p.m., Center Camp Stage
Steven T. Jones, a.k.a. Scribe, is the Guardian's city editor and the author of The Tribes of Burning Man: How an Experimental City in the Desert is Shaping the New American Counterculture, which grew out of a series of stories in the Guardian that ran from 2004 through 2010.
Most Commented On
- "Typo" is short for typographical error - June 19, 2013
- Ah yes, KrisKraft, right on the heels of "Daniele" and "AnnG" - June 19, 2013
- Prove it, Daniele. Who are these real people? - June 19, 2013
- I enjoyed when John Avalos - June 19, 2013
- self absorbed ravings - June 19, 2013
- Cafe and typo are not abbreviations. - June 19, 2013
- The Royal Botanic Gardens in London charge about $25. - June 19, 2013
- Xorauguynanuogv - June 19, 2013
- Lamenting Tin Redmond's demise - June 19, 2013
- Come on, give Stephen Buel a chance here. - June 19, 2013