An innovative anti-violence program takes flight in The Interrupters
Such frustration and anger will be channeled one way or another; constructive alternatives are damn few. But The Interrupters makes a powerful case against the inevitability of hopelessness turning into violence. The program has even seen former perps transformed to the point of returning to the scene of a crime in order to apologize. Rage is blinding; CeaseFire and its mediators prove there's nothing like taking a step back and a clear-eyed look at oneself to achieve peace in near-impossible circumstances. "Community, heal thyself" may well have to become the American mantra of the near future, because you know the Tea Party wouldn't mind in the least letting certain groups self-destruct.
THE INTERRUPTERS opens Fri/2 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- I don't disagree with anything you've written... - December 19, 2013
- Luxury is the best bet right now - December 19, 2013
- Envy has nothing to do with - December 19, 2013
- Nothing says "I'm a - December 19, 2013
- Thank you to gussdolan and Jason - December 19, 2013
- Wow. The shuttles sit in the bus stops for 30 minutes! Who knew? - December 19, 2013
- Tech Buses should be more responsible partners - December 19, 2013
- Good intentions, failed understandings - December 19, 2013
- Except that you are making that up. - December 19, 2013
- Funny, I was sitting at the same cafe - December 19, 2013