An innovative anti-violence program takes flight in The Interrupters
Such frustration and anger will be channeled one way or another; constructive alternatives are damn few. But The Interrupters makes a powerful case against the inevitability of hopelessness turning into violence. The program has even seen former perps transformed to the point of returning to the scene of a crime in order to apologize. Rage is blinding; CeaseFire and its mediators prove there's nothing like taking a step back and a clear-eyed look at oneself to achieve peace in near-impossible circumstances. "Community, heal thyself" may well have to become the American mantra of the near future, because you know the Tea Party wouldn't mind in the least letting certain groups self-destruct.
THE INTERRUPTERS opens Fri/2 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- SF schools not geared for trades - May 23, 2013
- I do live in a place I can - May 23, 2013
- If your out of town workers - May 23, 2013
- I was there last night... - May 23, 2013
- Brick and Mortar, not Brick and Martyr - May 23, 2013
- True - May 23, 2013
- Johnny told the truth and - May 23, 2013
- Entertainment Commission - May 23, 2013
- Are you also afraid of your - May 23, 2013
- Good to have Johnny here - May 23, 2013