An SEIU 1021 political organizer explains his union's ranked choices
For labor and progressives, Ammiano's Healthy San Francisco legislation was the single most important piece of legislation of the last decade. And while history has been rewritten, and Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom now takes credit for the legislation, then-Mayor Newsom did not come on board until after Dufty declared his support, and as the 8th supporter, created a veto-proof majority.
Each of these candidates have shown their capacity to grow and transform as leaders making them the best choices for progressive labor, and we believe for the San Francisco. Whatever you do, you have three votes, make them count.
Gabriel Haaland is a transgender labor activist and the SEIU 1021 San Francisco political coordinator.
Most Commented On
- Hard-working Asian city? Love it. - April 16, 2014
- Benito as in Mussolini? - April 16, 2014
- Sssh... a movement like this - April 16, 2014
- New students are not enrolling at CCSF because they see it is - April 16, 2014
- The case against CCSF is so compelling that no appeal is - April 16, 2014
- People like Greg always call anyone who disagrees with their - April 16, 2014
- Except that there is not a shred of evidence that the death of - April 16, 2014
- Is there anything SEIU does not have an opinion about? - April 16, 2014
- Cynthia Crews cannot claim to speak for the people - April 16, 2014
- Fat is the new Starving - April 16, 2014