An SEIU 1021 political organizer explains his union's ranked choices
For labor and progressives, Ammiano's Healthy San Francisco legislation was the single most important piece of legislation of the last decade. And while history has been rewritten, and Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom now takes credit for the legislation, then-Mayor Newsom did not come on board until after Dufty declared his support, and as the 8th supporter, created a veto-proof majority.
Each of these candidates have shown their capacity to grow and transform as leaders making them the best choices for progressive labor, and we believe for the San Francisco. Whatever you do, you have three votes, make them count.
Gabriel Haaland is a transgender labor activist and the SEIU 1021 San Francisco political coordinator.
Most Commented On
- Or we could extend BART down - December 9, 2013
- Give me a break - December 9, 2013
- If you live in Oakland, you - December 9, 2013
- "I've been calling for this for several years now:" - December 9, 2013
- how about playing the whole video - December 9, 2013
- On My Block - December 9, 2013
- OMG, the Bay Guardian got SO OWNED here, lol!!!! - December 9, 2013
- Uninformed, incoherent people - December 9, 2013
- That's not "theater," that's "deceit" - December 9, 2013
- You want mandatory worker encampments? - December 9, 2013