An SEIU 1021 political organizer explains his union's ranked choices
For labor and progressives, Ammiano's Healthy San Francisco legislation was the single most important piece of legislation of the last decade. And while history has been rewritten, and Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom now takes credit for the legislation, then-Mayor Newsom did not come on board until after Dufty declared his support, and as the 8th supporter, created a veto-proof majority.
Each of these candidates have shown their capacity to grow and transform as leaders making them the best choices for progressive labor, and we believe for the San Francisco. Whatever you do, you have three votes, make them count.
Gabriel Haaland is a transgender labor activist and the SEIU 1021 San Francisco political coordinator.
Most Commented On
- Jack cares - March 14, 2014
- Poor people - March 14, 2014
- Miguel does sound clueless - you're right, Becky. - March 14, 2014
- You cannot obstruct a business and expect no pushback - March 14, 2014
- If bail was set at $23,000, these charges are serious - March 14, 2014
- Get over yourself. The fact - March 14, 2014
- Miguel, You're a provincial - March 14, 2014
- Actually - March 14, 2014
- ObamaCare solves that problem, Hortencia - March 14, 2014
- Alix Rosenthal wouldn't recognize the truth if it bit her on the - March 14, 2014