Nightlife: Making it werque with Deniz Kurtel, Trouble and Bass, Homo Homecoming, Bootie Oktoberfest Burlesque, and more
Fri/30, 9:30 p.m.-3 a.m., $10–$20. Supperclub, 657 Harrison, SF. www.supperclub.com
It's gonna be cold bonkers, y'all. Rave-reflecting undead wobble king Zomby's "Where were U in 92?" album from 2008 pushed dubstep's narrow niches into a territory best described as rainbow dread, warped air horns and all. With backup from Machinedrum, Nastynasty, and Distal, please don't say we all weren't warned.
Fri/30, 10 p.m.-4 a.m., $20. 1015 Folsom, SF. www.1015.com
BOOTIE OKTOBERFEST BURLESQUE
The mashup maestros of quintessential weekly SF party Bootie are at it again, mixing Bavaria with burlesque for Oktoberfest. Flirtatious dancers Mica La Creme, Twinkletoes McGee, Sparkly Devil, Lady Satan, Gorillahosen, and many more will be doffing their dirndls as DJs Faroff, Mad Murdoch, and John!John! provide the sultry-wacky sounds. Plus: Oktoberfest brew specials. There's a beer and strippers joke in here somewhere, but we're too elevated to make it.
Sat/1, 9 p.m.-3 a.m., $8–$15. DNA Lounge, 375 11th St., SF. www.bootiesf.com
I love it when our queer club queens get political. Neon wigs, bloody noses, broken heels, progressive causes: they're so well-rounded! Adorable drag spectacle Lil Miss Hot Mess throws a damn good party, and this homecoming-themed fundraiser for mayoral candidate John Avalos looks a right hoot. With DJs Bus Station John and Pink Lightning and oodles of pep rally performers, including Glamamore, Fauxnique, Ambrosia Salad, Rotissary Ethnicity Jackson-Houston Ross, and Anita Whiteman.
Sat/1, 9 p.m., $10. Verdi Club, 2424 Mariposa, SF. www.avalosformayor.com/homohomecoming
Most Commented On
- Agreed. Blaming technology is - March 7, 2014
- This is just a bunch of - March 7, 2014
- Snark - March 7, 2014
- People are way too distracted - March 7, 2014
- GCCIuDgaMo - March 7, 2014
- Love the irony, and Twitter's - March 7, 2014
- Mr Diridon really needs to go - March 7, 2014
- I take that as a sign that the NIMBY losers know they have lost - March 7, 2014
- Yes, Cw, only sycophantic adoration of SFBG is allowed here. - March 7, 2014
- *Say something, I'm giving up on you.* - March 7, 2014