Quantic mixes rhythm and travel on new best of record
After a few rotations, the best of record won me over. It's more of a stitched together mapping of Quantic's rhythmic wanderings — musically and physically — than a set of highlights towards a destination. "The traveling of my own life as a musician is intertwined with the music I make," he says. "It's like looking at the rings on the tree; there's a pattern to it, but it just develops naturally without so much of a plan."
Quantic hopes to redraw a bit of that map during his performance this Friday at SOM. Without his bárbaros on tour, he'll spin some 45s to chart out influences, and then bring the studio on stage, mixing recorded sessions live while adding dubbing and keys.
With Guillermo and Wonway
Fri. 9/30, 10 p.m., $10–$15
2925 16th, SF
- bIKuyUaxhMbZ - August 20, 2014
- aOuGxWYgxmYVGlz - August 20, 2014
- vHDarynxQxksWqdlaTz - August 20, 2014
- Questions raised by staff cutbacks at the Exploratorium - August 20, 2014
- gYeZRaORbakjVvVxM - August 20, 2014
- FGecOKIXjEXdkrJYN - August 20, 2014
- CGANnrMuoQT - August 20, 2014
- fuck the bay guardian - August 20, 2014
- On displacement, journalism, and the Guardian's fake Google- - August 20, 2014
- THIS IS MY TESTIMONY ABOUT THE GOOD WORK OF Dr ATILA - August 20, 2014