Looking back on the greatest hits of cinematic ultra violence
The Exterminator offered a cheap-thrills alternative to the original slasher wave. Gleefully surfing the latter's blood tide is Alex Pucci's Frat House Massacre, a belated DVD release that reprises the excesses of that era and then some.
With nary a dull (or tasteful) moment in its 116-minute director's cut, this 2008 campus flashback has it all: psycho fraternity president, deliberately fatal hazings, rampant cocaine abuse, nasty sex and nastier sexism, boobs, a surprising surplus of well-toned male nudity, ludicrously gory murders, a disco production number, brutal towel-snapping, music by one of the Goblin guys (of 1977's Suspiria fame), zero narrative continuity, and lines like "Studying always gets me horny." Frat House Massacre would be a guilty pleasure if it weren't clearly in on its own joke.
Most Commented On
- That's great. Don't vote then. - July 22, 2014
- Indeed - July 22, 2014
- Because everyone benefits from vehicular traffic - July 22, 2014
- I'm fine with everyone paying for the cost of vehicle travel - July 22, 2014
- A $1 to MTA just goes on pay and benefits for MTA workers - July 22, 2014
- No, most San Franciscans are not environmentalists. - July 22, 2014
- What's the average number of listeners to your show? - July 22, 2014
- An SFBG endorsement i probably worth about nine votes - July 22, 2014
- Yes, SFBG has a long history of slipping racism into music - July 22, 2014
- White People - July 22, 2014