Looking back on the greatest hits of cinematic ultra violence
The Exterminator offered a cheap-thrills alternative to the original slasher wave. Gleefully surfing the latter's blood tide is Alex Pucci's Frat House Massacre, a belated DVD release that reprises the excesses of that era and then some.
With nary a dull (or tasteful) moment in its 116-minute director's cut, this 2008 campus flashback has it all: psycho fraternity president, deliberately fatal hazings, rampant cocaine abuse, nasty sex and nastier sexism, boobs, a surprising surplus of well-toned male nudity, ludicrously gory murders, a disco production number, brutal towel-snapping, music by one of the Goblin guys (of 1977's Suspiria fame), zero narrative continuity, and lines like "Studying always gets me horny." Frat House Massacre would be a guilty pleasure if it weren't clearly in on its own joke.
Most Commented On
- Translation of that lofty - December 13, 2013
- "Might want to try that sober - December 13, 2013
- More whining from a ardently - December 13, 2013
- Agreed. I don't think tech - December 13, 2013
- Street wall art is becoming a - December 13, 2013
- "Cycling is popular with tech - December 13, 2013
- stainless steel - December 13, 2013
- So you have no problem with - December 13, 2013
- shop - December 12, 2013
- The law actually already applies to them - December 12, 2013