The Center for Visual Music has issued an excellent DVD including several of the abovementioned films (Jordan Belson: 5 Essential Titles), but Belson's work takes on a different life in the cinema — among other revelations, the darkness surrounding the screen is superbly vivid in light of Allures' fireworks. "I am essentially an artist of the inner image," the filmmaker told MacDonald. Film is not the most logical tool to accomplish this ends, but Belson undoubtedly made the medium his own.
"JORDAN BELSON: FILMS SACRED AND PROFANE"
Wed/19, 7:30 p.m., $5.50–$9.50
Pacific Film Archive
2575 Bancroft, Berk
Most Commented On
- And anti-union, too. The - July 24, 2014
- Diversity necessary, skills be damned - July 24, 2014
- It's SFBG who is raising a race issue here - July 24, 2014
- RtRpXUSerOX - July 24, 2014
- I feel sure that SFBG would love to hire black reporters if - July 24, 2014
- Agree, and thanks to blacks for making the NBA so great - July 24, 2014
- I would love to see this same - July 24, 2014
- Spoken as someone who clearly has never run a rental business - July 24, 2014
- Most computer science majors are men - July 24, 2014
- Women in tech - July 24, 2014