Arctic charred with Koze, Yelle, Falty DL, Tiago, Prosumer, and more nightlife warmers
SF's As You Like It party crew continues its amazing run of special guests with this Hamburg master of harder-end post-minimal techno effects, playing a special four-hour set. The last time I saw him it felt like my chest was thumping a brilliant melody, so get ready for some upfront bass.
Sat/12, 9 p.m.-4 a.m., $25–$30. Beatbox, 314 11th St., SF. www.ayli-sf.com
Edgy neon pop-dance princess of France puts on one hell of a show, full of catchy tunes, banging drums, and occasional crowd-surfing. Can we have her take over our Top Ten here please?
Sat/12, 9 p.m., $27.50 advance. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. www.mezzaninesf.com
CHEB I SABBAH BENEFIT
This festive benefit for the beloved, cancer-stricken godfather of global dance sounds will feature Cheb himself on the decks joined by guitarist Vir MCoy for live jams, plus DJs Freq Nasty, Janaka Selekta, and Dub Gabriel.
Sun/13, 8 p.m., $15. 1015 Folsom, SF. www.1015.com
The kick-ass cutting-edge tech-house resident of Berlin's fabled Panoramabar returns to the Honey Soundsystem Sunday weekly party to bring one of the best SF crowds to its knees. ($20 says he'll be wearing shorts.)
Sun/13, 8 p.m., $5. Holy Cow, 1535 Folsom, SF. www.honeysoundsystem.com
Most Commented On
- Thank you so much for - July 24, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 24, 2014
- 50 bucks says - July 24, 2014
- SFBG has always been a white newspaper. - July 24, 2014
- Homeless People Infesting the Main Library - July 24, 2014
- So what are "progressives" doing to fix public education? - July 24, 2014
- FBFoPYvvWKhBC - July 24, 2014
- aFygUdPcXhr - July 24, 2014
- More $ to Muni means more absenteeism. - July 24, 2014
- Um... Tenant's rights might - July 24, 2014