When she talks film her whole face lights up, a beatific glow.
Since she's less interested in competing with than enhancing the selections at Berlin and Beyond, Eggers has shifted German Gems' focus toward student and first feature films, one of her favorite components of B and B festivals past. But like any proud parent, she still speaks fondly of her first-born festival, pointing out the big-name film personalities who graced Berlin and Beyond's stage: Bruno Ganz, Michael Verhoeven, and Wim Wenders — coups that put the event on the map, even in Germany. It won't ever be quite the same without her, but thanks to Eggers' persistent efforts over the years, the future of San Francisco's premiere showcase of German cinema seems assured.
Most Commented On
- Many folks get their down payment from the - May 18, 2013
- Death wishes now? For furnishing a taxonomy? - May 18, 2013
- For the simple reason that a majority disagree with you, - May 18, 2013
- Illegals usually work "back of house" and so - May 18, 2013
- No, Venom, I have knowingly hired illegals. Why? - May 18, 2013
- You're well aware that wasn't what I meant - May 18, 2013
- Stepping stones for most wage earners in sf - May 18, 2013
- respect the castro neighborhood - May 18, 2013
- The collective guilt argument. - May 18, 2013
- Right on, Venom... - May 18, 2013