Student and faculty groups take to the streets, adding to the Occupy movement
"It's the same frustrations. We have to get out there and start pushing this ourselves," he told us. "We need to show the state that things can't just keep moving along as they have. We have to put a stop to business as usual. The economic collapse is what destroyed the UC system."
Haney sees the student, labor, and Occupy movements starting to come together in a very natural way. "It has really put the wind in the sails of student activists to see the energy of the Occupy movement," Haney said. "There is a coming together of students and labor, and it's overlapping with the Occupy movement in a powerful way." *
Find details about the ReFund California Week of Action at www.makebankspaycalifornia.com.
Most Commented On
- Stop puffing the ganja and - April 15, 2014
- Subsidized bus riders - April 15, 2014
- The name is Benito - April 15, 2014
- how i got my soulmate back - April 15, 2014
- I HATE DAVID CAMPOS!!!!!!!!!! - April 15, 2014
- baba maliga is a real spell caster - April 15, 2014
- Oh Jeez, shut it down already... - April 15, 2014
- Sharon S. Everardo G . & company killed CCSF w/ protest - April 15, 2014
- Fight to build more - April 15, 2014
- Great job Chiu - April 15, 2014