Student and faculty groups take to the streets, adding to the Occupy movement
"It's the same frustrations. We have to get out there and start pushing this ourselves," he told us. "We need to show the state that things can't just keep moving along as they have. We have to put a stop to business as usual. The economic collapse is what destroyed the UC system."
Haney sees the student, labor, and Occupy movements starting to come together in a very natural way. "It has really put the wind in the sails of student activists to see the energy of the Occupy movement," Haney said. "There is a coming together of students and labor, and it's overlapping with the Occupy movement in a powerful way." *
Find details about the ReFund California Week of Action at www.makebankspaycalifornia.com.
Most Commented On
- kUkJstKKhU - March 12, 2014
- The City Cannot Impost Additional Restrictions - March 12, 2014
- It's The Typical Result of A Huge Fire - March 12, 2014
- Why all the venom? - March 12, 2014
- Hey, it's a tax on poor, stupid people so why wouldn't I support - March 12, 2014
- The three of them couldn't light a campsite fire between them - March 12, 2014
- Wait, I heard that the fire was the fault of AirBnB? - March 12, 2014
- Yeah, he's just yet another progressive control freak who wants - March 12, 2014
- Also - March 12, 2014
- What a ridiculous argument - - March 12, 2014