Student and faculty groups take to the streets, adding to the Occupy movement
"It's the same frustrations. We have to get out there and start pushing this ourselves," he told us. "We need to show the state that things can't just keep moving along as they have. We have to put a stop to business as usual. The economic collapse is what destroyed the UC system."
Haney sees the student, labor, and Occupy movements starting to come together in a very natural way. "It has really put the wind in the sails of student activists to see the energy of the Occupy movement," Haney said. "There is a coming together of students and labor, and it's overlapping with the Occupy movement in a powerful way." *
Find details about the ReFund California Week of Action at www.makebankspaycalifornia.com.
Most Commented On
- tqofVkihgbk - April 19, 2014
- Wiener’s resolution to study waterfront initiative written by - April 19, 2014
- A GREAT SPELL CASTER THAT HELP ME WITH MY FAMILY ISSUES - April 19, 2014
- And you can't get past your - April 19, 2014
- That is what the city is saying - April 19, 2014
- We as in who the hell u think - April 19, 2014
- N who r u Really?? - April 19, 2014
- What political BS who gives a - April 19, 2014
- Life is beautiful. Let's go - April 19, 2014
- Nieto was a nutjob with a gun - April 19, 2014