Suddenly, low-income tenants could lose homes over water, garbage fees
Chiu's office contacted Parkmerced with questions about the eviction notices, but Shortt said she came away with the impression that the board president was not about to exert pressure on Stellar Management or Parkmerced developers over this issue. Chiu's office indicated to Shortt that they planned to collaborate with Sup. Sean Elsbernd, whose District 11 includes Parkmerced, to decide how to proceed.
"We haven't seen any evidence that this is connected to the development in any way," Judson True, Chiu's legislative aide, told the Guardian. "We're committed to working with Parkmerced, Sup. Elsbernd's office, and the residents to keep as many people in their homes as possible."
The San Francisco City Attorney's office is urging any Parkmerced tenants experiencing questionable late-payment charges to contact the Code Enforcement Hotline at 415-554-3977.
Most Commented On
- On The Ropes - July 25, 2014
- DPR reports to the mayor so if you don't like them then - July 25, 2014
- It's stunning to me that anyone would give a crap either way. - July 25, 2014
- vECRGdoeQlWCcot - July 25, 2014
- Yes, the whole world uses artificial turf - July 25, 2014
- IIRC, that was actually juliacarriew who tweeted that - July 25, 2014
- I play soccer 3 times a week. - July 25, 2014
- Hello, i am Marian Hawkins - July 25, 2014
- Yes, that is the job of an editor - July 25, 2014
- It seems the people opposing this change do not like sports - July 25, 2014