Suddenly, low-income tenants could lose homes over water, garbage fees
Chiu's office contacted Parkmerced with questions about the eviction notices, but Shortt said she came away with the impression that the board president was not about to exert pressure on Stellar Management or Parkmerced developers over this issue. Chiu's office indicated to Shortt that they planned to collaborate with Sup. Sean Elsbernd, whose District 11 includes Parkmerced, to decide how to proceed.
"We haven't seen any evidence that this is connected to the development in any way," Judson True, Chiu's legislative aide, told the Guardian. "We're committed to working with Parkmerced, Sup. Elsbernd's office, and the residents to keep as many people in their homes as possible."
The San Francisco City Attorney's office is urging any Parkmerced tenants experiencing questionable late-payment charges to contact the Code Enforcement Hotline at 415-554-3977.
Most Commented On
- "only people who live in - December 9, 2013
- San Francisco has a budget more than some states - December 9, 2013
- My mom and her family used to - December 9, 2013
- The buses wreck the streets - December 9, 2013
- You watch corporate shuttles at night? - December 9, 2013
- Economics - December 9, 2013
- When progressive riots go wild the complaint here is that it was - December 9, 2013
- Interesting time to complain about concern troll - December 9, 2013
- Just a superficial and - December 9, 2013
- this is Margo ,I want to - December 9, 2013