Suddenly, low-income tenants could lose homes over water, garbage fees
Chiu's office contacted Parkmerced with questions about the eviction notices, but Shortt said she came away with the impression that the board president was not about to exert pressure on Stellar Management or Parkmerced developers over this issue. Chiu's office indicated to Shortt that they planned to collaborate with Sup. Sean Elsbernd, whose District 11 includes Parkmerced, to decide how to proceed.
"We haven't seen any evidence that this is connected to the development in any way," Judson True, Chiu's legislative aide, told the Guardian. "We're committed to working with Parkmerced, Sup. Elsbernd's office, and the residents to keep as many people in their homes as possible."
The San Francisco City Attorney's office is urging any Parkmerced tenants experiencing questionable late-payment charges to contact the Code Enforcement Hotline at 415-554-3977.
Most Commented On
- Just because you happen to - August 1, 2014
- If only Airbnb would take out - August 1, 2014
- The top 7 music-related things on the Internet that have - August 1, 2014
- to the American Jew - August 1, 2014
- What's with this endless - August 1, 2014
- I would have preferred CS thru to the waterfront - August 1, 2014
- marcos, you were the one who introduced racism here by - August 1, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - August 1, 2014
- Because he knows that the voters don't really care about - August 1, 2014
- BART's farebox recovery rate is much better and it has its - August 1, 2014