Proposal to build a large artificial turf soccer complex in Golden Gate Park sparks controversy
Other community meetings have been flooded with youth soccer players from San Francisco and beyond advocating the installation of the turf fields. But local environmentalists say Golden Gate Park was meant to be a refuge for all city residents and visitors.
"Golden Gate Park was created as a place for people to get away from the city," Howard said. "The amount of contiguous park land is very important."
Most Commented On
- I think this writer's - July 22, 2014
- This sounds like such a - July 22, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 22, 2014
- Blurry portrait - July 22, 2014
- At least they're talking about it, unlike divestment from Israel - July 22, 2014
- Motorists fight back in "transit-first" San Francisco - July 22, 2014
- Marke is experiencing a terrible Tuesday - July 22, 2014
- my testimony on how i get back my ex - July 22, 2014
- Treading water - July 22, 2014
- Nonprofit workers shout down Board of Supervisors meeting, 11 - July 22, 2014