BOOKS ISSUE: Zine culture survives and thrives, beyond the Web
"I don't believe the zine/blog dichotomy is antithetical. Blogs are cool. But...there's something sexy about zines, something private and personal, which a blog will never have," he says, adding, "One of the main contributors to Rad Dad found a copy of it on BART. He read it and then became a key contributor. You will never find a blog in a park or shake hands and exchange blogs at a punk show."
This weekend, Moriz is hosting one of a few local zine fairs — the East Bay Alternative Press Book Fair (the unaffiliated San Francisco version was back in fall, and the Rock Paper Scissor collective's East Bay Zine Fest was a few weeks back). The fair will include 39 full tables and 16 half table vendors, and this year — it's the event's second time around — Rad Dad's teenage daughter, Zora Moniz, will be tabling a zine.
EAST BAY ALTERNATIVE PRESS BOOK FAIR
Sat/10, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., free
Berkeley City College
2050 Center, Berk.
Facebook: East Bay Alternative Press Book Fair
Most Commented On
- thats great - December 12, 2013
- Discover how to make money - December 12, 2013
- Essay writing help - December 12, 2013
- There She Goes Again" to - December 12, 2013
- Drive jacket - December 12, 2013
- Study Medicine (MBBS/ MD/ MS) in India/ Overseas - December 12, 2013
- Why isn't the Department of - December 11, 2013
- "I'm getting tired of trying - December 11, 2013
- Oh there you go again off the - December 11, 2013
- "The internet allows every - December 11, 2013