Tis the season for a super-queeny, super-juicy nightlife gossip column. Plus: DJ Ken Vulsion, I Love Cochina Tonga's!, more
She all lit up I am going to say here that Lil Miss Hot Mess's glorious performance of Ronnie Spector's "Light One Candle" while crucified on a flashing light-bulb menorah at last week's Some Thing party at the Stud (www.studsf.com) has restored my faith in truly tasteless drag.
Too much Oh hey, I started a new thing on SFBG's Noise blog called Nite Trax, so I can gossip about clubland adventures all the more (and just riff on the current nightlife zeitgeist). Let's do it!
Friendly Wednesday weekly Housepitality party gets all disco Christmas (Chrisco?) on us, with the gloriously historical Honey Soundsystem founder joined by DJs Bus Station John and Robert Jeffrey. A nice winter warmup.
Wed/21, 9 p.m., $5. Icon, 1192 Folsom, SF. www.housepitalitysf.com
I LOVE COCHINA TONGA'S! (FELIX NAVIDAD!)
How many exclamation points do you need, Guapa? Dragsplosion Ambrosia Salad and DJs Taco Tuesday and Stanley Frank stuff your stocking with Mexican, as they take over the Castro's Lookout bar and turn it into the Christmas cabana of your dreams. Picante performances and questionable improvisations will abound.
Thu/22, 9 p.m., free. The Lookout, 3600 16th St., SF. Facebook: Cochina Tonga's
An all-star cast of SF's twisted underground gathers for this frolicsome affair, putting the XXX in Xmas. (Wow, maybe I am Gloss magazine.) It's an "anything goes" theme, as musical styles galore clash and fascinate like an Ohio grandma's sweater, with DJs Primo, Vivian, X2SIH, Chris Orr, and Monsieur M., and hostess Alexis Blair Penney.
Fri/23, 9 p.m.-3 a.m., $5. Public Works, 161 Erie, SF. www.publicsf.com
Most Commented On
- Another new to town progressive. - March 9, 2014
- No, government surveillance wrong, period. - March 9, 2014
- Government surveillance is bad - March 8, 2014
- San Francisco Needs Speed Cameras - March 8, 2014
- Just Like You - March 8, 2014
- Wow Why Didn't I Think Of That???? - March 8, 2014
- That Is Sociopath Guest Steven - March 8, 2014
- Go Read Your History Book - March 8, 2014
- Have you ever considered - March 8, 2014
- Making real-time surveillance - March 8, 2014