Obnoxious I Melt With You is not destined for any top 10 lists
Credit is due to director Mark Pellington (1999's Arlington Road) and first-time (possibly last-time) scenarist Glenn Porter for their resolute belief that such crybaby bathos merits tragic grandeur. They take the term "epic fail" seriously, making I Melt the Götterdämmerung of male menopause movies. Seldom has a vanity project (right down to producer Jane's incessant showcasing of furry abs) backfired so badly, so personally on everyone involved. Because every scorching revelation here falls into the category of stereotypical rich-people's-problems most Hollywood success stories are smart enough to bare only on their analyst's couch.
Said therapist is well-paid to at least pretend empathy. That Pellington and co. actually expect us to pay cash money for the privilege of watching them bellow like the arrow-felled Last Buffalo is about as ridiculously far as the Peter Pan syndrome can possibly stretch.
I MELT WITH YOU opens Fri/23 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- This is one of Todd Vogt's - June 18, 2013
- Redmond is a journalist and not a businessman. - June 18, 2013
- You have GOT to be kidding me... - June 18, 2013
- It's still not clear to me why Tim didn't fire the people who - June 18, 2013
- Bay to Breakers will have video surveillance, license plate - June 18, 2013
- Get your facts straight - June 18, 2013
- If you want to hurt tobacco companies - June 18, 2013
- And yet I see many high-rises by the Waterfront - June 18, 2013
- If you knew that, Marcos, you could make a fortune by - June 18, 2013
- Putting money on deposit in the Cayman's does not save any tax - June 18, 2013