Ed Lee needs to realize he can't be another Gavin Newsom
• Don't let Oracle Corp. take over even more of the waterfront. The America's Cup continues to move forward — but at every step of the way, multibillionaire Oracle CEO Larry Ellison is trying to squeeze the city for more. Mayor Lee has to make it clear: We've given one of the richest people in the world vast amounts of valuable real estate already. He doesn't need a giant TV screen in the Bay or more land swaps or more city benefits. Enough is enough.
There's plenty more, but even completing part of this list would put the city on the right road forward. Happy new year.
Most Commented On
- "(B)oth expensive parking on - July 11, 2014
- Progressives love dragging Milk's corpse out - July 11, 2014
- IT'S MORE INSANE than 19,000 - July 11, 2014
- Desperate for support, 8 Washington developers run ads - July 11, 2014
- I see nothing but objections - July 11, 2014
- FIx the potholes. - July 11, 2014
- "Let's do it for Harvey!" - July 11, 2014
- The good witches of music tech - July 11, 2014
- Government Interference - July 11, 2014
- If you're underwater on your mortgage in San Francisco - July 11, 2014