Mayor Lee reaches out to progressives — but will that continue?
"I'm elated. This is the best political news I've heard this year. I've known Christina for 15 years and I think she'll be a fantastic supervisor," Tom Radulovich, director of Livable City, told us. He also praised Lee for the gesture, saying, "He said he wants to work with everyone and this is a signal that he really means it."
Sup. David Campos said Olague has good values and a wealth of experience in land use issue. "She brings a lot to the table and I can see why he chose her," he told us.
Even Sup. Scott Wiener, a moderate, praised the Lee's pick. "I think it's an excellent choice. She's thoughtful and independent," he said. "I don't always agree with her, but I respect her and I've always enjoyed working with her."
Gonzalez told us he wonders whether the appointment would clear the field of progressive candidates, a long list of whom have expressed interest in running this year. The answer: probably not. Community College Board member John Rizzo contacted the Guardian shortly after the appointment to say, "I'm still in the race and planning to mount a vigorous campaign."
So much for the 100 percent.
Most Commented On
- uJyzhilCSjJSrxzU - April 19, 2014
- vOsqBHUGGrok - April 19, 2014
- zTLkiWHnfcuvMCDj - April 19, 2014
- bNAOqdRcXhNvg - April 19, 2014
- Try Dr. Wicca, he is for real - April 19, 2014
- Good Day Everyone on this - April 19, 2014
- QhVIawLVAR - April 19, 2014
- HOW MY RELATIONSHIP WAS SAVED BY DR BRAVE!!! - April 19, 2014
- HOW MY RELATIONSHIP WAS SAVED - April 19, 2014
- AM SO HAPPY THAT I MET THIS MAN ON THIS SITE - April 19, 2014