As libraries close and tuition soars, a California university sets its sights on... China?
The screams of students belabored for asking where their university is going and for whom raises the question whether intelligence will be our last export, or whether it was among our first.
Gray Brechin is a three-time U.C. Berkeley alumnus and visiting scholar in the UBC Department of Geography. He is the author of Imperial San Francisco: Urban Power, Earthly Ruin. A version of this piece ran first in the Anderson Valley Advertiser.
Most Commented On
- Let us praise the Guardian - April 20, 2014
- While Marke nurses a cocaine hangover - April 20, 2014
- Recent comments - April 20, 2014
- VqPJatLKJxUNgAq - April 20, 2014
- guLRRJLoiogmoxPedkbF - April 20, 2014
- YvHqlxLzhr - April 20, 2014
- kacgWnfIwbWH - April 20, 2014
- opDjZRLVOugoxqF - April 20, 2014
- dAfaAcFyheCOUPAUJ - April 20, 2014
- power of prayers - April 20, 2014