Are clubs moving out of reach? Plus: Masters at Work, Gary Bartz, Stretch Armstrong and Bobbito, SuperDre, Rocket, and C.L.A.W.S. in a church
A newly-formed passel of local queer techno DJs, the Rocket Collective (Mat Dos Santos, Brian Maier, Trevor Sigler, David Sternesky) is shooting for the moon with this underground sound-oriented party which benefits different Burning Man camps every month. Always-energetic drag astronauts — dragstronauts! — Ambrosia Salad and Miss Rahni perform.
Sat/28, 10 p.m., $7. Rickshaw Stop, 155 fell, SF. www.rickshawstop.com
Superhot funky bass and minimal tech DJ and Bass Candi label owner flaunts her supreme technique — her sets are wide-ranging surveys of the best various current dance music genres have to offer, but who cares we're dancing. With dirtybird's Worthy, Little Jon of Raindance, and more.
Sat/28, 9 p..m.-3:30 a.m., free before 10 p.m. with Facebook RSVP, $5 after. Public Works, 161 erie, SF. www.publicsf.com
Reverend Bertie Pearson, the cool cleric who brought us the absolutely epic Episcodisco parties at Grace Cathedral, is now at the Episcopal Church of St. John the Evangelist — and there's no way that church won't see some nightlife blowouts as well. Like this all ages blast featuring longtime local experimental tech cat C.L.A.W.S. with cute "proto-synthpop without raping it" band Shakes Gown and also Earth Jerks.
Sun/29, 6 p.m.-10 p.m., all ages, $5–$10 sliding scale, no one turned away. Episcopal Church of St. John the Evangelist, 1661 15th St., SF. www.saintjohnsf.org
Most Commented On
- You nailed it. - April 16, 2014
- You nailed it. Faculty gets - April 16, 2014
- This is the agency Tim Redmond wants to charge with purchasing - April 16, 2014
- Campos will push for vacancy control if he gets in the Assembly - April 16, 2014
- Guess the potholes in the - April 16, 2014
- Wait a sec. I know texting - April 16, 2014
- CA taxes capital gains as if it were income - April 16, 2014
- Federal criminal indictment of PG&E doesn't go far enough - April 16, 2014
- Lots of private companies would meet the transit demand - April 16, 2014
- I always vote no on every revenue Prop anyway. - April 16, 2014