Step into the Wayback Machine: this new Cole Valley spot serves a panoply of delicious soda fountain treats
Cherry also shines in a tart sour cherry ice cream. Sicilian pistachio is rich and nutty. I've likewise been pleased with the ice cream sandwiches, particularly roasted pineapple ice cream layered in ginger cookies.
The jerks are a delightful team assembled from various bars, offering earnest, knowledgeable service. Tell them a flavor you'd like from the house tinctures and syrups (grapefruit to dill weed), and they'll make you a custom drink.
Sipping a custom mint egg cream at the soda fountain while listening to big band tunes is a respite I relish whether midday escape or evening dessert. Crowds of Cole Valley strollers and families abruptly bring me back to today, but, then, it's fair to say there is something appealing for everyone, child to adult, at this already widely embraced neighborhood hangout. *
ICE CREAM BAR AND SODA FOUNTAIN
815 Cole, SF.
Subscribe to Virgina's twice-monthly newsletter, The Perfect Spot, www.theperfectspotsf.com
Most Commented On
- I'll give you three exampels of that - May 22, 2013
- It's not marginal costs that count. - May 22, 2013
- Don't you live in Portland? - May 22, 2013
- The argument that some people - May 22, 2013
- Only Landlords Could Possibly - May 22, 2013
- "Libertarian socialist" - May 22, 2013
- More important things in life than being a control freak - May 22, 2013
- Don't blame jaywalking - May 22, 2013
- It would be even more amusing... - May 22, 2013
- Constitution: Drug laws are illegal, drugs are legal - May 22, 2013