The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye director Marie Losier documents extreme devotion
Losier To be totally honest, it's really the way I edit. If you see my short films, they are all made this way because they are all shot with non-sync sound, 16mm, three-minute rolls of film ... so it's already a collage. I also always mix between the surreal aspect of tableau vivant, and the construction of daily life. I think with Gen and Jaye I found the symbiosis of the perfect cut-up couple to match how I work, and how I build a story.
Check out Pixel Vision for an extended version of Nicole Gluckstern's interview with Marie Losier and film subject Genesis Breyer P-Orridge.
THE BALLAD OF GENESIS AND LADY JAYE opens Fri/9 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- Study Medicine (MBBS/ MD/ MS) in India/ Overseas - December 12, 2013
- Why isn't the Department of - December 11, 2013
- "I'm getting tired of trying - December 11, 2013
- Oh there you go again off the - December 11, 2013
- "The internet allows every - December 11, 2013
- Think he means the evergreen - December 11, 2013
- What is "Penthouse Letters?" - December 11, 2013
- Ludicrous! Many "living - December 11, 2013
- it probably raised uncomfortable truths - December 11, 2013
- Really - December 11, 2013