The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye director Marie Losier documents extreme devotion
Losier To be totally honest, it's really the way I edit. If you see my short films, they are all made this way because they are all shot with non-sync sound, 16mm, three-minute rolls of film ... so it's already a collage. I also always mix between the surreal aspect of tableau vivant, and the construction of daily life. I think with Gen and Jaye I found the symbiosis of the perfect cut-up couple to match how I work, and how I build a story.
Check out Pixel Vision for an extended version of Nicole Gluckstern's interview with Marie Losier and film subject Genesis Breyer P-Orridge.
THE BALLAD OF GENESIS AND LADY JAYE opens Fri/9 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- Remember what started this - July 27, 2014
- Go back to your mother's basement, troll - July 27, 2014
- San Francisco needs more buses, less cars - July 27, 2014
- Left out - July 27, 2014
- JbqSETCBdCoSL - July 27, 2014
- Where I was on the day President Kennedy was shot - July 27, 2014
- And joysticks for all - July 27, 2014
- Marcos' Judaism is relevant only when it comes to - July 27, 2014
- hqQqnukbsN - July 27, 2014
- mvajoCbAui - July 27, 2014