The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye director Marie Losier documents extreme devotion
Losier To be totally honest, it's really the way I edit. If you see my short films, they are all made this way because they are all shot with non-sync sound, 16mm, three-minute rolls of film ... so it's already a collage. I also always mix between the surreal aspect of tableau vivant, and the construction of daily life. I think with Gen and Jaye I found the symbiosis of the perfect cut-up couple to match how I work, and how I build a story.
Check out Pixel Vision for an extended version of Nicole Gluckstern's interview with Marie Losier and film subject Genesis Breyer P-Orridge.
THE BALLAD OF GENESIS AND LADY JAYE opens Fri/9 in Bay Area theaters.
Most Commented On
- Thank you Great Owologbo - April 17, 2014
- Vacancy control and new rent - April 17, 2014
- For sure, I picked up 3 - April 17, 2014
- Home (noun) : a house, - April 17, 2014
- Who cares after every bust - April 17, 2014
- And disagreeing with myself too! - April 17, 2014
- Ignorant troll - April 17, 2014
- The problem with that, Greg, is that when rent control - April 17, 2014
- Unimaginable and - April 17, 2014
- Whoa, Greg, are you now trying to throw us off the scent by - April 17, 2014