The two movements have it in them to merge, but it's going to take some work
The good news is we see conversations taking place and folks trying to work it out..
And while OWS deals with building bridges into communities of color, in our own ranks we have the challenge of class divisions. We have folks who are black, and have means, who won't even give lip service to these issues.
But then again, mass movements even during the hey day of Dr. King always had those who spoke out, got in the way and took up space for real change. With spring coming, there's a lot of hope that things will pick up.
Most Commented On
- It is often said that it is suffering that creates great art. - December 5, 2013
- Cage Match - December 5, 2013
- You clearly need to understand the SFBG hierarchy of needs. - December 5, 2013
- Its true, I read it on the - December 5, 2013
- Artists are doing what they love to do. - December 5, 2013
- So affordability has nothing to do with money? - December 5, 2013
- We don't want to be recruited into any movement that a dick - December 5, 2013
- Srill awaiting ANSWERS and VIDEOS from Police Dept and Chief - December 5, 2013
- Financial support is way different - December 5, 2013
- By not allowing for 150 years of inflation, you made a basic - December 5, 2013