The two movements have it in them to merge, but it's going to take some work
The good news is we see conversations taking place and folks trying to work it out..
And while OWS deals with building bridges into communities of color, in our own ranks we have the challenge of class divisions. We have folks who are black, and have means, who won't even give lip service to these issues.
But then again, mass movements even during the hey day of Dr. King always had those who spoke out, got in the way and took up space for real change. With spring coming, there's a lot of hope that things will pick up.
Most Commented On
- State and municiap pension funds are run by Calpers and their - July 23, 2014
- Treading water - July 23, 2014
- Midsummer mayhem - July 23, 2014
- The Fourth of July: Remembering the good old days in Rock - July 23, 2014
- Tablehopping: new Asian treats, Blue Plate score, Cochon 555 - July 23, 2014
- Attorneys debate toxic turf during Beach Chalet project - July 23, 2014
- Government by who shouts loudest - July 23, 2014
- Beyond the bros - July 23, 2014
- Correction made above - July 23, 2014
- Blurry portrait - July 23, 2014