Nightlife: Stealth clubbing, Claude Young, Greg Wilson, Public Access. Plus: Juanita More's chicken!
He lives in Tokyo now, but second generation Detroit techno man of many talents Claude Young honors his roots on the decks — mostly by slaying crowds with his signature jazzy-tech flair and insane manual dexterity (let's just say the man can mix with his chin). A perfect complement to the jawdropper that was fellow Detroiter Jeff Mills' set at Public Works last week, and a rare opportunity to hear Young on these shores. For $5!
Sun/29, 9pm, $5. Holy Cow, 1535 Folsom, SF. www.tinyurl.com/claudeyoung
Most Commented On
- Not all organizations manage - July 31, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 31, 2014
- Live Review: My Bloody Valentine’s SF show feels like - July 31, 2014
- Guest is on the money - July 31, 2014
- tcTYGeyRdjlOsJzZJFnl - July 31, 2014
- Natural Areas and Playgrounds in SF - July 31, 2014
- Natural - July 31, 2014
- Do "nice young men" overdo gang signs? - July 31, 2014
- Paul, it's touching that you see Emma as weak and needing to be - July 31, 2014
- Wow guys - July 31, 2014